bubba the catfish
USER SINCE 7/23/03

john has a great show...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 5,432 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

TODAY @ 6:52 AM
pickler
USER SINCE 5/13/18

also the guy that was at north shore bait that walked out with his dog and a comalong. to help thank you.  to the 2 guys with the 4 whellers that said we dont help others  shame on you.  

TODAY @ 6:49 AM
pickler
USER SINCE 5/13/18

yes polski i was one of the guys that went through the ice.  got lucky only 2' deep  we were able to winch it out. 3 guys from sheboygan came and helped. big thanks guys   ice is terrible. one spot 2" next spot 10"   best to stay off  my buddie fell through walking by dark ice. im done for the year   stay sake

3/6/21 @ 10:35 PM
BigAlseyes
USER SINCE 3/20/16

I used to watch John's show once in a while.  Then I saw the impact of him advertising where he is fishing and the mass amounts of people that then come to the area along with the impact on the fish.  Now I no longer watch that loud mouth and do not like him.  I have heard similar stories from others in other areas that he had been to.

3/6/21 @ 7:35 PM
CMunyon
USER SINCE 5/12/16

I think they said it was on the 3rd.

3/6/21 @ 5:35 PM
Polski
Polski
MEMBER SINCE 5/11/03

Not sure when that show was taped but just a note to anyone thinking of traveling any distance to get in on the hot bite, I know of two 4 wheelers and a trailer going through the ice yesterday. These guides are out everyday and know where to go and not to go, be safe, temps pushing the 60's predicted for Tuesday.

3/6/21 @ 5:02 PM
percheye1
USER SINCE 6/24/01

That was a really good show. Multi species and some dandy fish. I guess I can understand you teaching your kids to straddle the atv but to complain about a 70 year old adult riding side saddle to get from shot to shot is absurd. I do it all the time around the yard or setting tip ups. It's much easier to get off and on the machine and really see no issue with safety as your not going wide open. 

3/6/21 @ 3:17 PM
Polski
Polski
MEMBER SINCE 5/11/03

Saw Larry Smith's truck at the Oconto landing yesterday, he'll probably have a similar perch show soon.

3/6/21 @ 2:53 PM
boblt
USER SINCE 5/6/05

I'd call it a "medium", its a 06 arctic cat 250 4x2 (Kymco), nice liquid cooled ATV, I would also call it "tippy" because it's narrow, at least tippy when I'm on it.

He is 15 now and he has his Wisconsin ATV saftey certification license.  We switch once in a while on the trail and he takes my 500 TRV. ( It needs EPS for me!)

3/6/21 @ 2:27 PM
Aluma1
USER SINCE 4/12/03

I would like to ask bobit. I do not know what age you kid is. Does he drive a full size atv when 10 years old. Or the small kid legal size. 

3/6/21 @ 2:22 PM
Aluma1
USER SINCE 4/12/03

I think it is a Little different John riding a short distance at slow speed to get to a tip up when  a fish is on.  I do not think he is normally fishing a long distance away. I see way more parents not caring about their own kids safety. 8 to 12 year old kids driving full size 650 or bigger ATVs. they even put videos on YouTube. With 8 year olds pounding through snow with full size ATVs. I see a bunch of people with single person ATVs. With single or multiple kids hanging on to the back. Or three year Olds sitting  in front of the driver. Then complaining that Wisconsin going to start enforcing the one Person on single person machines. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 5,432 POSTS
Advertise here
The Deadeye Custom Series rods are all custom technique specific walleye jigging rods designed for the tournament walleye angler. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Dead Eye Custom Series Rods
Minn Kota Ultra: Proven in the real world. Year after year. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Ultrex
St. Croix's all-new series of technique-specific rods features extreme performance blanks and materials specific to each model. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Croix Custom Ice series
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.