bubba the catfish
User since 7/23/03

john has a great show...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 5,669 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 8:50 AM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

Did anyone else notice the condom stuck on the gills on one of the kings that they caught a few weeks back? I just watched it on YouTube. Gross. Mrt.

10/28/20 @ 5:34 PM
ocetp
ocetp
User since 7/7/01

Marc Thorpe

10/28/20 @ 5:12 AM
jumpsteady
User since 12/25/01

He's the guide from Ontario who works The Saint Lawrence seaway.

He has the french accent..

10/27/20 @ 11:44 AM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
MEMBER since 12/15/08

When they’re showing past footage and he catches the 56” musky he’s in the boat with Pete M. But who’s the other guy. I recognize him but can’t put a name on him....anybody recognize him? 

10/27/20 @ 11:34 AM
cajunmusky
User since 8/22/05

I thought at first it was Portage Lake as well, but then noticed a small island in a background scene and can't place that island on Portage; plus when I checked with the weather service, the 40 mph wind that day was out of the SSW, and there is no place to hide from that wind direction on Portage which makes me think it was actually Gratiot- the weird part is that I fished Gratiot the week before the show was filmed and the water temps were 3-5 degrees below what JG reported on the opening of the show.

But, the fish production was typical of the UP this year, 4-6 small fish in two days- tough year.

10/26/20 @ 10:55 PM
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

My guess is he fished Portage Lake in Chassell, Michigan. I fished it a lot as a kid. We row trolled it with Heddon Flatfish in yellow with red and black spots. My brother and I fished out of a 14’ flat bottom wooden boat. It was really something when a commercial fishing boat came by. The wake they put out would blow a wake-boat away.

The show was great! The best part was the memorable video’s at the end.  The clip where John falls backwards on the hook set is great. If I remember correctly that was a late season show on Round Lake with Pete. When John catches a really nice fish, he goes from 70 years old to a youngster with his first fish in a nano second and that is great. I really like his show.

10/26/20 @ 8:21 PM
beer bum
User since 1/9/19

Matty B has been up there with them a few times.  Would be nice to know which lake   

And any criticism of JG - cue Shane.  

10/26/20 @ 6:54 AM
Timmothy A
User since 5/17/09

They've been doing more unguided shows this year; and last if I recall correctly.  It would be interesting for John to tell us why he picked that lake, unless I missed that.  There's a lot of lakes between his home and where he went.  Maybe he had some inside info.  

10/25/20 @ 7:25 AM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

Maybe it helps old guys that can’t hear very good.  Thanks John and Blake for an amazing show!

10/24/20 @ 1:22 PM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18

Nice to see show with no pros or guides once in a while.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 5,669 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.