LOGIN
Lake-Link

Info on Green Bay walleye guides

4/16/14 @ 3:38 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Chasin'tailz
Chasin'tailz
User since 1/20/11
I'm getting married and decided to do a walleye trip to GB for the bachelor party. I'm looking on info and experiences with different guides. We'll have a total of 5 guys going.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 15 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/29/14 @ 10:32 PM
alumalunker25
User since 9/21/12
Polski I know Larry personally and I've read that thread. I can promise you that if you were considering hiring him and had any concerns regarding something you read he would be more than willing to answer your questions.

5/29/14 @ 8:14 AM
Polski
Polski
MEMBER since 5/11/03
You might want to read the thread on the L.L. Campfire Discussion board before thinking about hiring Larry Smith, not much good to say about him. (search "Smith")

5/19/14 @ 6:47 AM
playinhooky
User since 4/10/03
Something I thought of yesterday was ask your guide what tactics he/ she uses to target the fish. We troll all the time. If you didnt want that, obviously you would not be happy with that. I saw one of the local guides yesterday in the front of his boat jigging and customers in back of boat jigging. It didnt seem right to me as I saw very little interaction with the customers. Depends on what you want. I would say be sure to ask all that to get exactly what you want on your trip.

5/16/14 @ 9:44 PM
Wisconsin Angling
User since 12/27/11
Captain JJ Malvitz hands down. Young guide who grew up on the bay. He has an awesome attitude and knows how to put fish in the boat.

5/16/14 @ 3:48 PM
Bighedfred
User since 3/15/09
I actually had a friend who fished with Allen, According to my friend they caught a good number of fish but nothing good size. He was a nice guy in the boat so at least he was decent to fish with.

I know two past clients of Stroschein that were surprised at his disregard of other anglers and said he was a real pompus a%%!

4/25/14 @ 10:31 PM
Mark 1:17
User since 8/27/02
Lynn is very good.

4/21/14 @ 5:12 PM
ciezkl07
User since 11/18/09
http://www.fishinpal.com/ Lynn Niklasch is the best Guide in that area hands down.

4/19/14 @ 7:15 AM
OriginalSpinner
User since 8/22/08
Lynn niklasch puts you on the fish.

4/17/14 @ 6:30 PM
alumalunker25
User since 9/21/12
Bigheadfred have you fished with Allen? I haven't but I did fish a tournament he was in where he got the biggest fish went 33 something iirc. And he wasn't fishing U-bay haha. Maybe he does something different when he's guiding?? Just wondering

4/17/14 @ 3:48 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
I do agree, it's going to take more then one boat for sure. Most of us only run three maximum for Walleye trips even though we are licensed for at least six, it just comes down to comfort on the boat.

If I was paying a guide it would be Lynn Niklasch of "Your Fishin Pal Guide Service" and he's also a supporting business of this site. He's a full time guide up on Green Bay and he'll get you on the fish. He'll also be able to coordinate the second boat so you don't have the hassle.

Link to his Lake-Link Page - Click Here

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 15 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.