MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Inflatable Life Vest ?

1/9/16 @ 8:40 AM
INITIAL POST
Go-Fish
Go-Fish
PRO MEMBER User since 3/17/02
Anybody wear an inflatable life vest while fishing? Like most people that I see on the water, I haven't put a life jacket on in over 50 years. They are too bulky and hot, but now that I have a titanium shoulder, I am pretty sure my swimming ability will not be what it once was. I hear "Auto Inflate" life jackets inflate by themselves in hot weather or while in a hot storage compartment. "Manual Inflate" units solve that problem but if I am going to spend the bucks and I am wearing it for "Safety" I feel I should get one with all available "Safety" features. Anybody using either of these ? Can anyone recommend a good one? Mike
Displaying 31 to 38 of 38 posts
1/9/16 @ 11:05 AM
NEVER GIVE UP 2
NEVER GIVE UP 2
User since 6/7/10
I have a self inflatable vest ant I love it. (Only wear it when the water is rough). I've had it for 4 years and spent $130 at gander. One advantage is that they are pretty compact for storage. Good luck
1/9/16 @ 10:22 AM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03
I have the Cabelas tournament 3500 auto model. I wear it when water temps are below 60 or having a rough day on Winnebago. I'm still a strong swimmer and once winds turns bad it goes on. If you watch for sales they can be had for $70 instead of $140. You will need to replace the CO2 canister called a (rearming kit)$25 every time it's deployed or every few years if not used. There is a gauge that shows when to replace, like a fire extinguisher. Remember that for it to be considered a PDF in your boat it must be worn with all buckles attached. Keeping it in a compartment or over a seat does not count as 1 of the PDF's in your boat. I have 3 standard vests over all seats, throw-able under the driver console at the ready, but find the inflatable worth the comfort especially if you actually wear it all the time. Oh yeah, from experience! Tuck the manual pull cord inside the vest on the auto models so you don't accidentally catch it on something and POOF, it deploys and your not in the water. $25 to rearm and it will scare the s@@t out of you. LOL
Displaying 31 to 38 of 38 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE