Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Inflatable Life Vest ?

1/9/16 @ 8:40 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Go-Fish
MEMBER since 3/17/02
Anybody wear an inflatable life vest while fishing? Like most people that I see on the water, I haven't put a life jacket on in over 50 years. They are too bulky and hot, but now that I have a titanium shoulder, I am pretty sure my swimming ability will not be what it once was.

I hear "Auto Inflate" life jackets inflate by themselves in hot weather or while in a hot storage compartment. "Manual Inflate" units solve that problem but if I am going to spend the bucks and I am wearing it for "Safety" I feel I should get one with all available "Safety" features.

Anybody using either of these ? Can anyone recommend a good one?

Mike

DISPLAYING 31 TO 34 OF 34 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/9/16 @ 11:38 AM
ducks
User since 2/17/11
Once you get your vest and start wearing it, it becomes natural to just slip it on , and think nothing about it.. (like a seat belt) ....I own three of them , and we use them every time. Very comfortable , as I have even got back home from the lake and realized that I was still wearing it.! I swim like a rock, so my vest is on... I have had to rearm them,(very easy) because of accidental activation. They are worth the money !!!!!

1/9/16 @ 11:05 AM
NEVER GIVE UP 2
NEVER GIVE UP 2
User since 6/7/10
I have a self inflatable vest ant I love it. (Only wear it when the water is rough). I've had it for 4 years and spent $130 at gander. One advantage is that they are pretty compact for storage. Good luck

1/9/16 @ 10:22 AM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03
I have the Cabelas tournament 3500 auto model. I wear it when water temps are below 60 or having a rough day on Winnebago. I'm still a strong swimmer and once winds turns bad it goes on. If you watch for sales they can be had for $70 instead of $140. You will need to replace the CO2 canister called a (rearming kit)$25 every time it's deployed or every few years if not used. There is a gauge that shows when to replace, like a fire extinguisher. Remember that for it to be considered a PDF in your boat it must be worn with all buckles attached. Keeping it in a compartment or over a seat does not count as 1 of the PDF's in your boat. I have 3 standard vests over all seats, throw-able under the driver console at the ready, but find the inflatable worth the comfort especially if you actually wear it all the time.

Oh yeah, from experience! Tuck the manual pull cord inside the vest on the auto models so you don't accidentally catch it on something and POOF, it deploys and your not in the water. $25 to rearm and it will scare the [email protected]@t out of you. LOL

DISPLAYING 31 TO 34 OF 34 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.