Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

hybrid soft plastics catch fish better than most lures sold

11/10/19 @ 11:55 PM
ORIGNAL POST
spoonminnow
User since 11/10/19

A few years ago I discovered a way to fuse the parts of two soft plastic lures together to make something entirely different from either design. The hybrid soft plastic lures catch pretty much most freshwater species from 4" fish to 7 lb catfish and 9 lb carp. Here are a few examples:

Sweet Beaver parts were used to make lures that were different in action and size:

#4 first time used caught over 8 crappie from 10"-13":

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/15/19 @ 2:07 PM
oncebitten
oncebitten
User since 12/7/17

It appears that spoonminnow isn't going to answer my question. So I did try supper glue it does work but you have to hold together for about 30 seconds before it will bond. 

If anyone knows of a proper glue for this please let us / me know 

11/11/19 @ 1:14 PM
oncebitten
oncebitten
User since 12/7/17

Nice. But what are you using to fuse them . can you use super glue. I have used it on oring seals and it works great on them. 

11/11/19 @ 12:08 AM
spoonminnow
User since 11/10/19

Turned out that the claw cut from a bass craw lure had just the right action when added to a grub body.

11/11/19 @ 12:05 AM
spoonminnow
User since 11/10/19

I pour my own taper tail sticks but cut the ends off and attached them to a segment of plastic worm. Just one more wacky mini-stick that catches fish of all kinds.

Of course the plastic is light and must be used with a 1/16 oz jig head to get the same action as a Senko on the drop, though it works great mid-depth when the rod tip is twitched.  

11/11/19 @ 12:03 AM
spoonminnow
User since 11/10/19

I stopped using curly tail grubs except on Beetle Spins years ago but own a bunch. Last year I figured: why not fuse just the bodies together to make a mini-stick.

A wacky rigged Senko isn't the only lure that catches fish ! The stick on the left is rigged the usual way.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.