MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Have you ever lost your enthusiasm for fishing?

6/28/19 @ 5:36 PM
ORIGNAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

It's weird. In my 20s, I'd fish anytime I could. Multiple days in a row. Middle of a hot summer day....freezing cold fall weather....Never got tired of it. Now, in my 40s, I still enjoy fishing, but I can go weeks without fishing and it's not a big deal. I'm not depressed. I just enjoy other things in life at this stage. I still love to ice fish as much as I can. But, being in the boat in the summertime or casting along a river just doesn't appeal to me as much as it used to. Anyone else experience this? Does the appeal to fish come back? Kind of never thought I'd get to this point and I'm actually totally ok with it. 

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 93 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/3/19 @ 1:30 PM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18

I love soft water fishing since 4 years old.I also have always loved ice fishing but the older I get ice fishing doesn’t do it for this 60ish body anymore.Enthuiasim has really waned for hard water.Many friends my age feel the same way.

7/3/19 @ 11:10 AM
Coolhog
User since 10/7/18

I was just thinking about this the other day. Back in the late eighties I was into bass fishing. So much so that I ended up on the B.a.s.s. trail fishing professionally. Had sponsors and the whole nine yrds. This was a time, when Kevin VanDam was just coming out as well. Anyway, I told myself if it ever became "work" that I was done, so after 256 days away from "home" the first yr, it costing me a wife and house I was done! Walked away! Didn't touch a pole for many years. About 12 yrs ago I got the itch and have been "fishen" for whatever will bite, except those green carp, don't go out after those but stumble onto them now and again...mostly just doing it to spend time with my kids, friends and dad....

7/3/19 @ 11:04 AM
Flyrod Man
User since 8/13/09

82, no longer hunt, ice fish but still enjoy fishing.  Don't make the trips I use to, Costa Rica - Tarpon, and bills. Alaska - halibut, salmon, NWT Jacks, grayling and walleye.  Mostly fly fish now for every thing.  Biggest muskie last yr 18 lbs, brown trout 26 & 27 inches from nearby lake, largest 3 yrs ago 29 inches.  Never lose interest in fishing.  Catch and release and go out to eat haddock lol.

7/3/19 @ 10:06 AM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Nope, not one bit for me. In fact it gets better over time. Sounds like you guys need to mix it up more. I’m always venturing to new water, and approaching old water with new tactics to keep it interesting. I know people love to gripe about how our lakes and rivers are mismanaged, speared, abused, over harvested, fished out, pressured, etc. I just chuckle at that because there are unlimited resources in everyone’s backyard, no matter where you live in WI. Just have to go make it happen. God bless, and happy 4th!

7/2/19 @ 5:14 PM
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

Good idea! Flood Milwaukee and we will have some good structure too. I would hate to hook that trolly car though.

7/2/19 @ 4:49 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04

What we need is some huge impoundments like down south.  Huge launches and huge water so people can spread out.   Dealing with crowded lakes and launches with each municipality nickle and diming for each launch is obnoxious.  Lake Michigan and Winnebago or just not that nice for boating because they get too wind blown 

7/2/19 @ 2:42 PM
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

Someone once told me “Cheer up, things could be worse”. I cheered up and sure enough, things got worse.LOL??

Sitting here with another thunderstorm rolling through. A few weeks ago the wind blew for what seemed to be days on end. I told my wife it had been blowing so long and so hard that I thought it was coming around the earth a second time.

7/2/19 @ 12:59 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Two back surgeries,Rotator cuff last November,Fell and broke rib Turkey hunting in April,screwed up my trip to Pestigo trip for walleye !Had MRI LAST week, Doc probably wants to cut me again! Takes a while to move mornings! They are gonna have to catch me first!Like I said before YOU NEVER KNOW WITCH DAY IS YOUR LAST! Grandad

7/2/19 @ 12:57 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

The only thing I've lost enthusiasm for is fishing out of my 17 ft bass boat. I think I used it twice last year. I like the ease and simplicity of kayak fishing and waders fishing. The big production of trailering the boat just turns me off now. I can throw the yak in the truck  and be casting at one of the lakes near my house within 10minutes

7/2/19 @ 6:51 AM
fishicot
User since 4/16/18

My lower back has lost it's enthusiasm for fishing.  It was a problem through out the last ice fishing season and it takes about an hour in the morning to get it moving well enough to think about dealing with the boat.

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 93 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.