LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Have you ever lost your enthusiasm for fishing?

6/28/19 @ 5:36 PM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

It's weird. In my 20s, I'd fish anytime I could. Multiple days in a row. Middle of a hot summer day....freezing cold fall weather....Never got tired of it. Now, in my 40s, I still enjoy fishing, but I can go weeks without fishing and it's not a big deal. I'm not depressed. I just enjoy other things in life at this stage. I still love to ice fish as much as I can. But, being in the boat in the summertime or casting along a river just doesn't appeal to me as much as it used to. Anyone else experience this? Does the appeal to fish come back? Kind of never thought I'd get to this point and I'm actually totally ok with it. 

Displaying 50 to 59 of 79 posts
7/2/19 @ 12:59 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Two back surgeries,Rotator cuff last November,Fell and broke rib Turkey hunting in April,screwed up my trip to Pestigo trip for walleye !Had MRI LAST week, Doc probably wants to cut me again! Takes a while to move mornings! They are gonna have to catch me first!Like I said before YOU NEVER KNOW WITCH DAY IS YOUR LAST! Grandad

7/2/19 @ 12:57 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

The only thing I've lost enthusiasm for is fishing out of my 17 ft bass boat. I think I used it twice last year. I like the ease and simplicity of kayak fishing and waders fishing. The big production of trailering the boat just turns me off now. I can throw the yak in the truck  and be casting at one of the lakes near my house within 10minutes

7/2/19 @ 6:51 AM
fishicot
User since 4/16/18

My lower back has lost it's enthusiasm for fishing.  It was a problem through out the last ice fishing season and it takes about an hour in the morning to get it moving well enough to think about dealing with the boat.

7/1/19 @ 5:41 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Agree with Nihsif on the post and pics as well. Nice! Keep it going!! 

7/1/19 @ 4:53 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

great post, and those are some tanker smallies!!

7/1/19 @ 4:18 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Just spent a week fishing up North with 2 grandkids,wife and dog in boat.Talk about 3 ring circus! Would do it again in a heart beat! Look on my granddaughters face with 23” smallmouth was priceless ! I am 72 ,and got up at 4 and went fishing again this morning near home,NEVER KNOW WHEN IT WILL BE THE LAST TRIP, way too many friends took the last one already! Grandad

7/1/19 @ 3:52 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

now there's a little humor to lighten this up some !! nicely done wallybeav

7/1/19 @ 3:28 PM
wallybeav
wallybeav
User since 11/6/08

I agree with you nihsif Depressing. Someone should write a Country song using these Posts. Reading this thread is like a being a Priest during confession. Everyone that posted say 2 Our Fathers and 4 Hail Marys to get your fishing groove back. Amen & God Bless

7/1/19 @ 2:46 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

We have had a house on a lake for the last 15 years. I would say my enthusiasm for fishing has changed to some degree. I may fish more often than I would if we didn't have the house but I would probably fish more hours if I didn't have it. Just too easy if the fish aren't biting to go back to the dock and do other things. If I towed the boat to the lake unloaded it and then knew I have to load it wipe it down I would have lot more patience. Seems like lately every weekend we get to go to the lake it's windy. I just don't have it in me to fight wind like I use too. My enthusiasm for ice fishing is way down though. I just don't enjoy it like I use to. 14 more years and I'll come back to Wisconsin to ice fish for a week and that will be good enough for me.

7/1/19 @ 1:05 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Lol Nihsif. 

At least it’s a thread where it feels like people are just being honest and real with each other. Refreshing. 

Displaying 50 to 59 of 79 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE