MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Have you ever lost your enthusiasm for fishing?

6/28/19 @ 5:36 PM
ORIGNAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

It's weird. In my 20s, I'd fish anytime I could. Multiple days in a row. Middle of a hot summer day....freezing cold fall weather....Never got tired of it. Now, in my 40s, I still enjoy fishing, but I can go weeks without fishing and it's not a big deal. I'm not depressed. I just enjoy other things in life at this stage. I still love to ice fish as much as I can. But, being in the boat in the summertime or casting along a river just doesn't appeal to me as much as it used to. Anyone else experience this? Does the appeal to fish come back? Kind of never thought I'd get to this point and I'm actually totally ok with it. 

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 93 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/31/19 @ 7:55 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

You need to get your priorities straight,  N.pike.  Fishing at least once a week for good mental health, bro!

8/31/19 @ 12:22 PM
PJ1
User since 5/11/10

Everytimg I go fishing on the week-end.

8/31/19 @ 10:14 AM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

So excited for the ice to come! But, haven't been in the boat for about a month and not missing it too much. Hope to get out a few times in the fall on a nice crisp day or two. I bet when I'm retired I'll get out quite a bit more. Just too many other things to occupy me now. Some really exciting non-fishing things. Some just the role one plays in life and work.

8/31/19 @ 8:56 AM
bass2403
User since 10/15/03

I don't fish a long now 10 to 11 hour days instead of 12 hour days.

8/29/19 @ 1:49 PM
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

No I haven't ,I don't fish as long most days now.

lost my enthusiasm for work though so I retired.

I fish any day I want now. I don't fish weekends any more.

Um....Don’t let him kid you. If you see his Alumacraft on the same lake for two day’s, he probably still there from yesterday. LOL

8/29/19 @ 12:59 PM
skeek
User since 2/26/09

Nothing that losing a 30 lb striper at the boat because I failed to set the hook won't cure!

8/29/19 @ 10:04 AM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09

It seems like only yesterday  a friend and I would fish a lake like Delavan from sun-up to sun-down, with maybe a cocktail break at the Inn Between around lunch time. 

Last week, that same friend and I wrapped up our outing at 11am because the fishing was slow and the sun was roasting us bad.

That never stopped us in the past. It's all good though, the both of us are just getting older is all...

8/29/19 @ 9:27 AM
bass2403
User since 10/15/03

No I haven't ,I don't fish as long most days now.

I lost my enthusiasm for work though so I retired.

I fish any day I want now. I don't fish weekends any more.

8/29/19 @ 6:15 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Yes, I drank too much one night and didn’t do early morning fishing. 

8/29/19 @ 2:04 AM
Cardiograph
User since 8/23/19

No, my love for fishing didn't die and I still love fishing.

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 93 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.