LOGIN
Lake-Link

Green Bay Fishing Reports Hijacked by Guides

10/31/17 @ 4:33 PM
ORIGNAL POST
speeder
User since 5/29/03

Well,

I used to post a lot on these boards back 10 years ago. It was entertaining to help/teach and discuss fishing.

Now, the guides have just totally hijacked the Green Bay fish report boards.

Lake Link used to be fun to look at and have discussions. Now I'm just totally disappointed with it and have no inclination to post a report. 

What does everyone else think?

David

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/22/18 @ 2:33 PM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04

It's not so bad lately. Last free fishing, this weekend there were tons of guys out and I skunked out and my fishing buddy let two small perch go. If a guide has success, why wouldn't pros use this great site to toot their horns once in a while. Not posting because of what others might be doing, seems odd to me. I think posting failure tells others what not to do. Try posting specifically on the Red River, Dykesville, Bayshore park, Vokes reef, Dead Horse bay, Sunset beach, or Geano's beach instead of the goofy Lower Green Bay thread. The same could be said for "Bago" reports. The pic is of Volkes Reef (correct spelling) whitefish scene.

11/14/17 @ 2:56 PM
machoprogrammer
User since 1/19/07

I used to post reports but stopped after I noticed a pattern of more fishing pressure the day after I posted reports of success.

Loose lips sink ships

11/9/17 @ 1:35 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

Bugle: I remember that posting from years back.  The "Fill yer freezer" comment got the guy pretty well lambasted if I recall.

As far as the guides, take a look each week on the Oneida & Vilas County threads by John Andrew.  His reports would have to imprive to be vague,  it's just an advertisement for his business.  Compare it to what other guides post on those two counties.

11/9/17 @ 9:02 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Heck, they could even be bad reports designed to mess with you and you'd have no idea.  

Very true.  I was in a bar in N. Wisconsin a couple of years ago and there were some younger guys who had their shoes full but about 2 pm in the afternoon.  One got on the subject of Lake Link and was touting how he posted bogus reports regularly.  I remember him saying, "walleyes are in the shallows and hitting frog pattern Skitter Pops.  Fill yer freezer while you can, boys!"

11/9/17 @ 8:54 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04

the counter argument is that 10 years ago when guides posted information, it ruined certain patterns and spots.  

the lazy people who follow internet posts like seagulls created this situation

11/1/17 @ 7:39 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

probably just something to complain about, imo

11/1/17 @ 7:34 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Yeah its the site in general.  People used to post more but then they found out the site is full of pelicans.  They don't sign up or post anything, they just lurk at the keyboard and wait for someone to feed them.  Then they all flock to that location and exploit it.  People got sick of that so now its bragging and advertising for guide services.

I agree with others, just go fishing and don't worry so much about reports.  Heck, they could even be bad reports designed to mess with you and you'd have no idea.  Its the internet, I don't trust anyone.  You can even type up anything you want to get sympathy info such as 'my kid never fished before' or 'so and so has cancer, blah blah blah'.  No one would have a clue and I guarantee someone has done it intentionally.

11/1/17 @ 6:24 AM
Fisher123
User since 7/6/06

It doesnt really bother me at all. The site rules allow them to post it, so it just is what it is. I use lake-link and many other sites and sources of information to help me get on the fish. If i get something from it then great, if not oh well. 

Also, alot of guides used to post quite a bit of info. I saw it often where they would get hammered by other's, so many just stopped posting anything useful or anything at all.

10/31/17 @ 7:14 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

I don’t depend on fishing reports I just go fishing.... But, it is annoying when they just put up pics of fish with no explanation as to how and what, or anything for that matter. It’s lake-link wide just not Lake Michigan.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.