SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

florida fishing

4/26/14 @ 11:08 PM
INITIAL POST
flint fredstone
User since 4/10/12
I am heading to Fort Myers week after next- looking for any kind of a recommendation-as long as I'm on the ocean with rod in hand-what species should be expected this time in season?-looking for best rates-best value in a fishing experience-thanx
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
5/19/22 @ 9:25 AM
Gods Country
User since 8/6/11

MLB - the would be great and much appreciated!  You can PM me or shoot me a text or call at 920-213-5791.  Any info provided would absolutely be kept between us.  Thanks again.  Dave

5/19/22 @ 9:20 AM
MindLeftBowie
MindLeftBowie
PRO MEMBER User since 4/12/21

I just moved back to the South Sub of Chicago after living in Miami for 17 years. South Naples/Marco Hwy 41 were my old stomping grounds. I could for sure give you some great shore spot off of 41 and even a few off the beaten path for Peacock bass. I would rather keep them off the boards though and you please do the same.

I will PM you and maybe some pins on Google maps? Tarpon, LG Mouth, Snook, Red fish, Peacock bass, mayan cichlids, Oscars, blue tilapia, and many other species. I can even send you into the python hunting grounds (i've never seen one but they're out there)

5/3/22 @ 11:58 AM
Gods Country
User since 8/6/11

I know this is a longshot but thought it was worth asking.  My GF and I are headed down to Marco Island area the first part of June for a week and are hoping to do some fishing.  We have fished the Keys from shore, piers, etc. a few times and somewhat familiar with doing that.  I thought about getting a charter to go offshore but was hoping maybe someone knew  somebody or had connections to the area to someone that just goes out on their own and would take us out for maybe not quite as much as the $600-$800 it would cost for a charter for just the 2 of us.  (Gas, Bait, Drinks, Dinner, Tip, etc).  I'm certainly not trying to be a cheapskate but was looking to save a little money and also be able to fish with someone that is not going to do everything for us except reel in the fish.  We're from the Fox Valley area and had a boat on Lake Michigan for many years so are used to big water and know how to fish.  If anyone can help us with this or even a few spots to shore/kayak fish it would be appreciated.  I was just hoping to have a meal or 2 of fish while we were down there and if anyone is ever up in the Fremont area I live on Lake Poygan and I would be happy to take them out fishing here.  Thanks in advance, Dave 

1/23/15 @ 9:55 AM
beasly
User since 6/12/03
Does anyone have any recommendations for a charter out of Tampa in February?
5/12/14 @ 4:09 PM
Xley
User since 6/3/08
Assuming it's not too late, you're only 70 miles from Everglades City/Chokoloskee. Go rent a kayak and fish the 1000's of mangrove islands just off shore. 30lb braid with 20lb flour leader and shrimp(live is ideal but not necessary) or cut-bait on a #1 or #2 Owner or Gama hook under a popping cork catches EVERYTHING !! Best cut bait is free-just catch a small cuda( they'll eat anything, thinks/preys like a small Pike and no scales to deal with when cutting up and when baiting your hook). Fish the side of the island that's got current hitting it for Mangrove snappers. They hit like hell and will immediately head for the mangrove roots so a quick hook set and the battle to turn them is your biggest challenge. Plus, they're excellent table fare. Have fun
4/27/14 @ 9:04 AM
amstel239
User since 12/28/01
I lived in Florida for a few years just within the last 2. If you plan on surf fishing you need a heavy 9'6-10' rod, you could catch anything...its the Ocean. Usually this time of year Pompano (great eating), whiting, Amber Jack, and Redfish are in the surf. Not saying you can't hook up with anything else..even a 300 lb shark not kidding! Bait shrimp and cut bait work the best, Bait shrimp is very cheap to buy. Used on a 2 or 3 hook inline rig with a pyramid sinker. As for charters there are hundreds of them. You just have to do you homework. The NUMBER 1 thing to remember is to make sure that gas is included in the charter. There are several charters that will advertise there charter price but it won't included the fuel, and you end up paying for the fuel you burn. Hope this helps some.
4/27/14 @ 8:56 AM
ciezkl07
User since 11/18/09
I have been to Sarasota, FL a few time and I have always caught Jacks, Lady fish, some groupers, stingrays, and snook and many more. If you think you catch a lot of different species in the Mississippi River, wait until you fish the Gulf Coast. I have both fly fished and used a spinning rod. Streamer flies work on the fly rod. Spoons or cranks have worked well for me on the spinning rod. X-raps have taken a lot of jacks and lady fish for me down there! Stop into a local tackle shop and start asking questions. Maybe bring a casting net down there and catch your own bait (make sure to check regs first thou). Best of luck
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE