Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Fishing trip

5/13/17 @ 9:31 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Abeerski30
User since 5/13/17

Looking to come to northern Wisconsin from Ohio for our annual fishing trip. We usually go to northern Ontario, but looking to switch it up. Any suggestions on where to go, we usually target pike, walleye and smallmouth. We would probably bring our camper, 14 foot 9.9 aluminum boat,  4x4 pickup, looking for secluded lakes with access of medium difficulty. We usually satellite out to different lakes from the camper. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/15/17 @ 1:46 PM
JPurdue
User since 4/25/13
Very sad state of affairs, but true.  Fishing is tough in the Northwoods in a lot of places right now.  You've got to really know a lake or get lucky to have a solid outting most places.  Too many lines in the water for slow growing fish.

5/14/17 @ 12:00 PM
Abeerski30
User since 5/13/17

Thanks for the info. I'll look west into Minnesota 

5/13/17 @ 2:46 PM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

For sheer numbers, you'd do better in southern WI on the Madison chain.  Then you can "camp" at a Crown Plaza hotel.

For my money, I'd trek a little further into central MN...Brainerd area has tons of lakes with decent fishing...Leech Lake, Mille Lacs...just can't keep much because of the native spearing up there and reduced bag limits, often to zero.

5/13/17 @ 12:47 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Before you do anything, drastically lower your expectations fishing for pike and walleye in N WI.  There are few places if any that will come remotely close to what you've experienced in Ontario. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.