Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

electric anchor from left stern of fishing boat

6/17/16 @ 1:27 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Cointoken
User since 3/6/12

I want to put an electric anchor on my 17.5' deep V hull fishing boat.  I have a trolling motor in the bow.  There is not a very good way to mount the anchor on the bow of the boat.  I obviously do not anchor and fish in high winds.  My question is:  Do you see any problem with mounting the anchor on  the left side of the stern?  I have read many  threads that argue against it but most of them refer to anchoring the boat overnight or in high winds.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/21/16 @ 5:38 AM
nubbz07
User since 12/31/09

I installed an electric anchor in my grandpas boat a few yrs ago. he also has a bow mount trolling motor. so what I did was put the winch near the drivers counsel and ran the line up to the bow with 2 small pullies and an anchor mate pulley on the bow. good luck 

6/19/16 @ 10:09 AM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

I have  an xi5 with the anchor lock and haven't thrown an anchor since I took delivery of the boat in April. Just something to think about.

6/19/16 @ 9:15 AM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

I put an anchor mate on the bow along with the trolling motor. Works nicely for me. 

6/19/16 @ 9:06 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

I have a 16' deep-vee with a trolling motor mounted on one side of the bow and a manual powered anchor on the other side as well as an anchor back at the stern. This serves me well in wind or current. If you use only the stern anchor your boat will sway with even the slightest breeze. That along with the safety factor of having the transom into any wave action will be poor at best, whether it be wind driven or boat created waves or current. Consider moving your trolling motor to one side, create a bow mounting plate if need be to spread out the trolling motor,anchor and light base. If you choose only the stern anchor you will limit you ability to anchor to calm water.

6/19/16 @ 6:56 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

I have my Trolling motor on the Port bow, and an electric anchor on the Starboard bow. No problem at all. I personally wouldn't put one on the stern worried a big wave wound come right over. It depends on where and when you fish. If you fish in open water with big boats around its a lot different from fishing small bays and inlets. It really depends on what you want and what you care about for anchoring.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.