Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Colorful new equipment

2/28/18 @ 7:17 PM
ORIGNAL POST
5bass4rbs
User since 5/14/11

Is it just me or is everyone noticing the color influx of rods and reel lately.

You now have white red and many other color rods and reel going from green to white red and more. Looks like a lot of bling for extra dollars.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/7/18 @ 11:37 PM
Scott F
User since 6/12/10

As a rule, rods don’t really wear out so the rod makers have to keep coming up with something different in order to sell new rods. Split grips, micro guides, different grips and now a rainbow selection of colors. Whatever it takes to sell new gear.

4/7/18 @ 6:45 AM
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

I have a dark Orange rod from Daiwa, I don't mind the color but some rods are too much.

My wife is ok with a new rod every so often. But in the fall she counts my guns. I did not know this. I bought a new one and put it in with the others and she asked me about it that night! I was like how did you find out so fast? So the next time I put an old one in a case in the closet and she still asked me that night. I had paid with cash I had been saving for weeks, i was in shock when she asked me. Here the cuckoo was checking my gun cases to see if they were empty. So the most recent one I was just put on her side of the bed before she got home. She laughed when she saw it. 

4/6/18 @ 8:41 AM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04

The industry pendulum is just swinging that direction for now. The old glass rods were solid and translucent with no finish. Later they all had a painted finish. Graphite or "boron" rods were expensive, sporting a clear finish leaving no doubt you had one of the new sensitive models. Now glass rods are a rarity with graphite the norm. It was only a matter of time before black rods got color to separate one brand from another. Soft grips seem like a nice improvement, but the florescent green color might take a while to get used to.

3/4/18 @ 7:15 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

Mine's in Australia for 2 weeks. Fish all day, party all night!

3/3/18 @ 5:28 PM
muskie nut
muskie nut
User since 6/26/01

Big Musky12 one question, whats a wife?

3/2/18 @ 3:35 PM
machoprogrammer
User since 1/19/07

Most fishing equipment is designed to catch fishermen, not fish

3/2/18 @ 11:23 AM
fishinerman
fishinerman
MEMBER since 6/1/02

Big Musky.

You make a good point.  If the rods look similar that wife never notices.  I suffer with you brother.  Wife bitches up a storm if she knows I have a new rod or reel.  Now I hide them with the other 40-50 rods and they are camouflaged and go unnoticed.  Keep up the struggle.  We all have to stand together.  

3/2/18 @ 10:53 AM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

I like the feel of the Lew's rods with the green and orange handles. They have the golf club grip feel.

3/1/18 @ 3:29 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

Doesn't matter to me one bit as long as it's a high quality build.  Having said that there is no way I'd buy a pink or purple rod if there is a white or black available.

3/1/18 @ 8:20 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04

I dont like it at all and I dont buy those rods...one reason specifically they are all over looking....the wife notices a brand new white rod (orange rod, purple rod, etc).  If they are all carbon black they blend in.   I bought one new white rod and she asked me about it for two years when i got it.  The 100's of black ones never got questioned. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.