User since 9/29/19

A need to subject.  Just had mine all clear. So easy to do.  Just saying  

Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts
5/29/24 @ 8:49 AM
Mountain
Mountain
PRO MEMBER User since 1/7/02
Just had mine. All clear!
Neighbor not so lucky. Has never had one and diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer about 3 months ago. Has lost 70 lbs with chemo. Hopefully will make it to his son's wedding in September.
5/29/24 @ 5:53 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
I lost my older sister at age 49, so all sibling's are recommended to start testing. That being said here is the key as I have now had 3. My first 2 were mixed with Gatorade and were easy to down. The last one I had was flavorless and very hard to choke down. So I talked to the doctor on this and he suggested asking for a flavored prep when you make your appt. for a test.
5/28/24 @ 1:07 PM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21
I had one at the Green Bay VA. 28 polyps, all removed. They said to stop back in 3 years. That garbage they had me drink was VILE
5/28/24 @ 8:25 AM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21
Billy Connally...he's a hoot.

Billy Connally...colonoscopy :^)​​​
5/27/24 @ 10:17 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Chi.   Why did you visit this thread?   What did you expect.   Illness takes no holiday.
5/27/24 @ 5:07 AM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06
The only issue I had with my first one at 56 was waking up and realizing that I had acid reflux into the mask and subsequently aspirated. Next one I'm getting with no knock out gas. Anyone else ever have a negative reaction to the gas? I still don't know how I managed to throw up when I really had nothing in me to do so with.
5/26/24 @ 7:45 AM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Carpi,Too early to speak of such rhings and on a holiday week-end! Done and had the same things with that said ,let's enjoy this holiday with good thoughts  okay?
5/25/24 @ 9:01 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
I’ve done that every 8 years or so years for 35 years and doing it again in 3 weeks.   Never a problem.   Only had 1 polyp so far.      1 endoscopy also.
5/25/24 @ 6:10 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20
Been there done that good for 10 years the prep is the worst part But the procedure can save your life plus my insurance covered it so it was a no brainer.
5/24/24 @ 11:31 AM
fishnfanatic
User since 12/8/07
Its really not a big deal and as stated the prep is about the only thing that's a pain in the ass (pun intended).  Even that isn't quite as bad as what people make it out to be.  Stick around the house and get some honey-do's done since I wouldn't travel too far from bathroom.  No doubt the benefits of having it done outweigh any minor inconvenience.
5/24/24 @ 8:16 AM
deskjockey
User since 1/23/10
Great advice, Jimbo- hope all goes well with you after this procedure. And thanks for serving!
5/23/24 @ 2:27 PM
jimbo55will
User since 1/17/07
Wow! What a coincidence! I am a Vietnam combat vet and I had my second colonoscopy (my first was when I was 60 years old and I'm 74 now) just this early April. They found 4 polyps and removed them during the course of the colonoscopy but found a big mass the size of a grapefruit that turned out to be cancerous. Last Friday I had it and a foot and a half of my colon cut out at the Zablocki VA Hospital here in Milwaukee. I was in hospital for 3 days and am now recovering and waiting on the Pathology report. It's no fun but my main reason for responding to this, yes, unusual post on Lake-Link, is to not pooh-pooh getting a colonoscopy. They used to recommend a person start at age 60 but now they say 40 to 45. My son is getting one in 2 weeks and he's 40. Take care.
Jim
5/23/24 @ 7:34 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
Interesting location for this discussion lol
The procedure itself is a breeze as mentioned. It's the prep that sucks. But it is WAY better than the alternative. 
5/23/24 @ 7:10 AM
7thson
User since 6/4/06
Procedure is easy ,  prep ?????
Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts
TRENDING DISCUSSIONS

OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Ceymar A Spinng Reel
Ceymar A Spinng Reel
Okuma's Ceymar A spinning reels offer superior performance, with a multi-disc, oiled felt drag system. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Ceymar A Spinng Reel

MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
Minn Kota Talon
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE