MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Can't see past page 1

2/1/23 @ 11:58 PM
INITIAL POST
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

Is anyone else experiencing this? I go to a reports page and can read page 1, but sometimes when I click on 2 it opens but with no reports. The pages tab shows multiple pages available. Kind of frustrating when you're trying to do some research without having to ask the what, where, when, and how for a bunch of lakes. 

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
2/19/23 @ 11:46 AM
Darin - Lake-Link
Darin - Lake-Link
PRO MEMBER User since 5/17/01

It is a server issue. When people tried to go way back on threads with 1000's of posts it would crash or slow down our servers considerably.

We understand the value of the history just have to figure it out.

2/19/23 @ 10:10 AM
inthemoment
User since 12/23/18
Darin I see this has been an issue for some time now. If it is a costly fix to get all past reports once again. My opinion is add a shared cost to your pro-membership which I would be willing to pay for since I regard those posts as one of the best features of your site. Thank you.
2/18/23 @ 1:45 PM
Darin - Lake-Link
Darin - Lake-Link
We are looking into this issue....
2/17/23 @ 11:18 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02
The photos in my last post were from fishing reports wolf river walleyes. The only post viewable is from last spring, I did have a post from two years ago and that no longer showed up last fall. 
2/17/23 @ 11:09 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

Any fishing report or forum topic thread that is seldom used will have little to no past history to view. You used to get an error notice that there are no reports available, now all you get is a blank screen even though it may show a number of reports or more pages of reports available. Photos show there are 3 pages and 22 posts but only the one post shows up. 

Can't see past page 1 photo by eyesman
Can't see past page 1 photo by eyesman
2/17/23 @ 3:47 PM
Darin - Lake-Link
Darin - Lake-Link
What thread are you specifically talking about?
2/2/23 @ 11:04 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

There is a glitch in the Lake-Link system. It has been present for at least a year if not more. When you attempt to scroll back and view older posts you will see an error message stating “there are no reports to see”. Frequently used forum topics or fishing reports will have several pages of past posts to view before you get the error message. Seldom used forum topics or fishing reports pages may only have a page or two of posts before you get the error message, some less than a page or none at all. The glitch was to be addressed in the sites latest rebuild but didn’t. Prior to the rebuild you could work around the glitch by selecting dates to view reports but that no longer works now either. Chronological it appears that you can access old posts back about 12 months before you get the error message. Edit-tried to look back at some older reports and postings on there is no longer the error message just a blank page. 

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE