Most sensible.

About time.

Great move.

Employer loyalty is under rated.

4/23/15 @ 2:12 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Forgot to post this earlier in the week. It is National Parks week, you can enter any national park for free this week. Living just outside Rocky Mountain National Park I tend to take it for granted.

6/5/14 @ 2:38 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
if you could troll on the lake before this its 3 lines if you couldnt its 1 not really that complicated

6/5/14 @ 11:11 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
I think since you could always cast while using an electric motor, that line would not be considered a trolling line. Otherwise it would have been illegal the whole time which makes no sense. So dragging one sucker would probably be the one trolling line. I know some guys hold on to rods while trolling but most put them in a rod holder so maybe that is what they were going for, a rod you aren't actively reeling in to work the bait?

6/5/14 @ 10:04 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04
as usual though the DNR found a way to keep things open to interpretation. Who drags just one sucker, even when fishing alone? So now I still have to worry about which warden is watching if I want to just drag my normal two suckers. It also says one line per angler can be trolled....so if you are casting with one line are you allowed to troll a second line?

Whole thing is stupid. The southern part of state has better fishing anyway - so they should just make the 3 line rule state wide.

6/4/14 @ 4:17 PM
esox102
User since 12/26/08
luvh20 that is a great comment.why not let the musky guys troll with elec. motors only

6/1/14 @ 8:29 AM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
it wasnt just for musky fishing. alot of walleye fisherman wanted trolling legalized. it was to eliminate confusion on where you could and couldnt troll making the dnrs job easier. lakes like mine i can troll on one part of the lake for a 2 mile stretch the rest of the lake was no trolling.

5/31/14 @ 1:13 PM
Summers Off
User since 5/9/06
New bumper sticker idea:

Troll with one line...spear with one tine.

5/31/14 @ 10:54 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
from fishs link

"Beginning in 2015:

-Trolling would be legal with at least one line per angler on all inland waters in Wisconsin.

-In 55 counties in the state, all inland waters would be open to trolling with up to three lines per angler.

-In the remaining 17 counties - on waters not currently open to trolling - trolling would be allowed but would be limited to one line per angler and no more than two lines per boat, which means no more than two anglers trolling at a time. (Door, Florence, Fond du Lac, Iron, Jackson, Lincoln, Marathon, Marquette, Menominee, Milwaukee, Oneida, Ozaukee, Sawyer, Sheboygan, Vilas, Washington and Waushara.)"

http://dnr.wi.gov/news/breakingnews_lookup.asp?id=3221

5/31/14 @ 9:55 AM
machoprogrammer
User since 1/19/07
I was hoping they meant internet trolling, but unfortunately I was wrong Sad

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 21 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.