Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Angling Buzz TV Show

6/22/16 @ 8:54 PM
ORIGNAL POST
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

I have been watching or DVRing this show on Mondays at 6:30 PM on FSWN. Sponsored by Mills Fleet Farm with hosts Dave Csanda anf Troy Linder... I like the weekly regional reports for the entire Midwest along with tactics for this time of year on all Midwest species. What are others thoughts on the show.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/26/19 @ 2:49 PM
PJL2112
MEMBER since 4/8/10

It's OK, but I am actually getting more into YouTube as my fishing media center. There are several interesting channels to follow, including many that aren't such a blatant product/sponsor commercial. I like Gillespie and Larry Smith because I see local waters, but do I need to see John for the 10th year in a row hitting the same bodies of water? The format gets played out.  

I'm more interested in watching a guy hike through brush to get into a retention pond to catch some largemouth, or see someone fishing near docks and then get into a shouting match with a property owner who thinks they own the lake, or see someone fishing on a smaller lake I'm interested in trying. There is a lot of interesting fishing content on the web and the traditional TV fishing show is losing my interest. 

7/15/19 @ 7:43 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

totally agree!

7/15/19 @ 1:10 PM
Drahts
User since 9/8/17

Anything Lindner is always going to be good.  Going way back to the original In-Fisherman Al and Ron were always educating and marketing.  Quality shows from quality people.  Now Al's son Troy and Jim's son continue the legacy. 

I happened to meet Troy at Fleet Farm in Eau Claire about a year ago.  I didn't even know he was going to be there, my wife and I walked in and headed for the fishing dept.  I had just been talking about the show and looked over and there was Troy.  I said. there he is!  Troy was eating a granola or protein bar and started to choke on it.  Must have startled him.  We ended up having a nice conversation, the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree.

This is one of only 3 fishing shows (or hunting) I look for.  In Depth Outdoors is also really good stuff, opposite of Buzz as it's only a winter show.  The other is Gillespie's, only for the funny factor and the Johnsonville education.  Actually, I really like the fact that John does 52 shows a year with all of them in the Midwest or Canada.

6/24/19 @ 11:28 PM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

I bumped this up from almost 3 years ago. I saw the show and did a search and this thread popped up! 

I caught this show by accident and really like it. It's a little different and fast paced. Not a lot of repetition (like recording catching numerous small walleyes on the same bait one after another). Not much sponsor honking in between commercials.  Minnesota and Canada centric although I've seen WI, ND and MI shows. There are a few Lindners involved so I'm pretty sure Al helped kick start it.  

It seems to be on at strange times, so the DVR catches it. 

8/11/16 @ 3:47 PM
frey0011
User since 7/21/15

I have enjoyed this show as well and have been watching it via YouTube.  They are generally pretty timely in getting it posted there.  I do like the variety of things they cover, tips and the pro-staff reports.

8/2/16 @ 7:29 PM
Brad Durick
User since 3/31/16

I was lucky enough to be invited to take part in providing reports.  Coming from a TV and marketing background I find the show to be groundbreaking in that it is up to date and has a different twist than watch me catch fish. I hope they continue to do produce it long term.

Brad Durick Outdoors LLC
(701) 739-5808
7/1/16 @ 4:35 PM
CHISEL
User since 6/19/01

I just started DVRing it also. Watched it a couple times and like the show especially the regional reports where they talk to local guides,

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.