MEMBER since 6/15/01

what threads are they on?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 16 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/6/18 @ 10:11 PM
Jared
Jared
User since 7/22/01

Part of the problem is there are too many "kids" (I'm 36) that think they are going to get rich and famous making YouTube videos. Yes, some people actually do, however, at this point it is basically like winning the lottery. 

There is something like 300-500 HOURS (depending on the source) of video uploaded every MINUTE to YouTube. That is absolutely insane.

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the lottery myself.

That being said, if you wanna go-pro yourself and share some interesting video, go for it, just don't spam every thread you can before you get banned, again.

Just my opinion. 

9/6/18 @ 9:43 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

I  agree, that's a crummy solution 

9/6/18 @ 6:35 PM
Jared
Jared
User since 7/22/01

Lake king,

I've said the same thing over and over on other threads. One thread for vids/pics, great!, not the spam that is happening, not on "reports".

Mr.Bass - It's not that simple. My guess is he is using a VPN, just a guess though. They can ban him all they want, but with a VPN you can log in from Colorado one day, Montana the next day, and Indiana the next minute. 

I would venture to guess they are blocking his IPs but he just gets another. Sucks, I think it really has put a damper on things.

Also, he comes up with a new UN all the time. Blocking does nothing.

LL is no where near what it used to be. I guess that is to be expected in this day and age.

9/6/18 @ 2:27 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

Just block the people that spam videos.  It's really that simple.  Some other people post decent videos that I and others enjoy so getting rid of videos would negatively impact this site even more.  

9/3/18 @ 11:29 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
Steve and Darin if you read this can you put another abuse button that just identify spam videos

And removes them temporarily for you to review

there must be a way that you can see that there's an attached video in the post .That you uses your link in the toolbar to post it

9/3/18 @ 11:17 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
I see Barney Fife doesn't even have one bullet

Can't even remove a video

9/3/18 @ 11:17 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

it's not just that simple, it will affect everyone, slow down servers, take on space on servers... not unlimited resources

if you subscribe to a fishing report, it generates email that you get, more resources being used

9/3/18 @ 11:12 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I guess I’m ignorant when it comes to the video’s content.  I chose not to watch it.  If it’s breaking the rules, then give them the boot. 

What other fires can we put out today?  

9/3/18 @ 11:07 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

selling something is against rules of conduct too

NO ADVERTISING OR PRODUCT MARKETING. NO COMMERCIAL ADS ALLOWED
Lake-Link has a classified ads section called "The Trading Post" for personal advertisements. An advertisement is categorized as an outright attempt to solicit business. Advertising includes using your business name as your handle, tagging posts with links to any form of web based promotions; This includes Websites, Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Instagram, Blogs, or offsite social network, photo album links. Any such posts will be removed. (Paid advertiser's designated as a Lake-Link Partner have exceptions)

NO BUYING OR SELLING OF ITEMSThe message boards are not to be used for buying or selling of personal items or products. This also includes "Wanted/Looking For" ads. Lake-Link has a classified ads section called "The Trading Post" for this purpose .Any such posts may be removed.

NO SPAMMING
do not post the same message in every topic with different titles, but with the same message. Only post your message into the topic it most relates too.

9/3/18 @ 11:05 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Why don’t you just ignore the videos?  As far as I can tell, there’s nothing forcing users to watch them.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 16 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.