Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

World Endurance Championship

4/14/17 @ 10:15 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Yes! Endurance racing fascinates me. Those LMP1 machines are beasts for sure. I think they are more technologically advanced than F1 cars. 6 hours at Silverstone!

Tim

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 27 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/20/19 @ 8:13 AM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Report from Elkhart Lake is I can't go due to the aforementioned death of my father. Second year in a row I'll miss IndyCar there.

You'd get to see the GT's at RA as they are still finishing up the season in IMSA.

Notes from LeMans: The GTE-AM winning #85 Keating Motorposorts Ford GT was DQ'd after post-race inspections. Two gaffes: .1 liter over total fuel capacity and too little time refueling. Yes, there is a minimum refueling time and they were .6 secs under. Picky? Yes. But rules are rules. Ben Keating accepted the penalty. Everyone tries to stretch the limits, they got caught. #68 Gannasi Ford GT was also DQ'd post-race. They had finished 4th in Class.

Tim

6/19/19 @ 11:17 PM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

Thanks for catching that, Tim. I always associate Ganassi with Ford and should've separated them!

Yes, the prototypes are the beasts, but as far as looks, all of the GTs are sweet to look at. 

I'm still hoping to make the race in August, but there might be some conflict.

Tim, we expect a full report from Elkhart Lake this weekend.

6/19/19 @ 10:07 AM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Gannasi didn't ditch it. Ford pulled factory support.  I suspect they'll be back with something contending in some class next year. Finally finished race last night. What a race it was! TV coverage was disappointing, considering it was Eurosport. Pit coverage nonexistent and the twits in the booth were obviously not paying attention to the timing and scoring they must have at their disposal. Yeah, you gotta fill 24 hours with stuff and the hydrogen power discussion was interesting.

Back to the race. Awesome to see the result in GTE-AM and the Ford GT (with the awesome throwback livery) winning was neat. All the GT's had cool paint schemes. Wierd happenings in the Toyota garage... The best was the battle for GTE-PRO. They ran the 24 hours like it was a sprint race! Very unusual strategic blunder by Corvette under the safety car. I could go on.

Tim

6/17/19 @ 11:14 PM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

I really like watching those cars at night. The colored LED highlights, the glowing brakes, headlights; pretty cool. And the nighttime is sometimes the great equalizer like rain is to F-1. 

NECKCAR needs to do something like this. Give them headlights and shut off the track lights on ovals. Run road races at night. Let them light up their exteriors with LEDs. I realize it's not their roots, but "that ain't workin'". 

Too bad Ganassi is ditching the GTE program after a handful of years with the Ford GT. That was one of the best looking cars out there. 

6/17/19 @ 8:04 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

No spoilers here! Just wanted to say that this view never gets old. I still have over 8 hours to watch.

Tim

6/15/19 @ 9:37 AM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

The DVR will be smokin'. 

6/15/19 @ 9:31 AM
jeff68
User since 3/15/11

mums the word

6/15/19 @ 9:02 AM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

My DVR is recording all 26 hours of coverage. Will watch it throughout the week til the end. I'll abstain from this thread. Also turned off my newsfeed on Chrome. Gotta be done by Wed night as Thursday AM I head to Road America for IndyCar weekend. 

Tim

6/15/19 @ 8:08 AM
jeff68
User since 3/15/11

Le Mans just started. MotorTrend.com has a free 14 day trial. Live streaming the race and 6 in car cameras

6/11/19 @ 3:42 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Well it's time again for that little ol' race in France. The entry list has around 60 cars this year. It is being shown flag to flag live on Motor Trend TV this year. Yay! My DVR is already set. Other than a little yard work this weekend, I have plans to watch as much as possible and have it wrapped up before I head to Road America on Thursday for IndyCar weekend. 

Tim

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 27 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.