Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wolfriver big boats

6/15/18 @ 2:08 PM
ORIGNAL POST
riverratdave
MEMBER since 11/8/08

What do you think about the lack of respect from the big boats on the wolf.you can't fish with out them swamping you.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/16/18 @ 2:58 PM
murman
User since 11/4/08

Fun2Fish - anyone born after 1989 MUST take a boaters safety course to operate a mortorized boat. 

6/16/18 @ 2:57 PM
murman
User since 11/4/08

It sucks and thats the same problem on any river or lake, the boaters and even some fisherman just dont care.  And there is nothing you can do about it either, of course you could call them in to DNR, but they wont do anything about it either. 

6/16/18 @ 2:22 PM
Fun2Fish
User since 6/8/03

I believe most boaters have no clue as to the rules of operating a watercraft as it is not required in Wisconsin.All you need to operate a boat is $$$$.Maybe it is time to implement some sort of licensing system so we all have to learn the rules

F2F

6/16/18 @ 11:57 AM
Jared
Jared
User since 7/22/01

It sure just isn't the wolf.

Otterstreet/BOB is this weekend. I'm used to people flying by, close, at high speed, but not at this rate. I didn't realize the tournament was this weekend until I got home this morning.

Edit: Running your Ranger, ZV, GL, or whatever 50 feet from my boards doesn't impress me. 

6/16/18 @ 11:42 AM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

I said it on another thread too......

Aaahhhh, trout streams

But of course, they come their own set of issues

6/16/18 @ 11:24 AM
shadling1
shadling1
User since 1/17/12
I'm sure it's not just the wolf. Its everywhere. I'm not a fan of the cigarette boats and mini yachts I see out there either. But most of the time I still think it's the operator being utterly clueless about driving a boat. Especially regarding the wake their boat kicks up. Last week I was fishing a main lake point and a guy in a big 20ft lund pro v comes within like 30 yards of me, slows way down and sinks his ass end in, then throttles back up, but still not all the way only like half, so is still plowing a ton of water. I got hit with an enormous wake. Like I said it's always the operator.

6/16/18 @ 8:22 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

6/16/18 @ 8:07 AM
riverratdave
MEMBER since 11/8/08

As with all water ways every boat needs to respect each other.thats what I meant.if a boat is ancked in a spot and I'm not saying in the middle of the river but on the side and a big Bayliner see him they need to slow down that's the law and the right thing to do.do more people need to get hert or worse before big boats wake up.other states have put size regs on there rivers let's try and fix it.before everyone loses.every one deserves to be on the water.

6/15/18 @ 4:13 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

It’s not the big boats that are the problem.  It’s those damed little boats with fishermen who won’t get out of my way.  

Small yields to big

;)

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.