MORE
General Discussion

Wisconsin Sports

9/8/18 @ 3:17 PM
INITIAL POST
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
User since 9/6/13

I don’t know if there is an exsisting thread on this, but if there isn’t I would  like to start one:  Wisconsin Sports!! I have been around forever and  can’t remember when so many of our favorite sports are in such a great position to do well.  Go Pack, Go Badgers, Go Bucks!!!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 123 posts
1/24/24 @ 7:57 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
One of the most impactful and craziest 24 hours in Wisconsin sports recent history. Packers fired their defensive coordinator. Bucks not only a fire but now hire a coach mid season. And the Brewers make a splash with a high impact first baseman-Kind of out of the blue.
Didn’t see at least two of these moves coming.
12/5/23 @ 10:20 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
What a turnaround this last three -four weeks. Badger basketball looked awful to start of the year. Now they’re looking amazing. Bucks are really playing good basketball after a rough start. Badger football won a few games in the end of the year. And the Packers haven’t lost in what seems like months.
11/21/23 @ 10:26 AM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
User since 9/6/13
What an amazing Turnaround. The  Celtics can be beat, but they are the best in the game right now 
11/20/23 @ 11:10 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
GT,
I see some on the Bucks thread seem to be in the panic mode.
I will be patient considering a new coach with a added Superstar to Gel with Giannis. 
I hope for a good game but we'll see how this team plays after 40 games.
11/20/23 @ 11:01 AM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
GIRD YER LOINS LADS!
Wendesday nite Bucks play the Celtics in showdown of the year so far! Plus we gotta fear the return of Jrue Holiday. He will definitely be looking to show Bucks they made mistake and I would imagine guarding Dame.
Then get up Thursday to Packers/kitties game.
I’m humbly predicting both close games, with Packers ecking out a win, wish I had that much confidence in Bucks… but Celtics at home a tuff win for anyone!

11/17/23 @ 6:59 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
11/17/23 @ 6:50 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Now I get to say congratulations Lake Geneva Badgers on winning state.
11/17/23 @ 9:36 AM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Good luck to the Lake Geneva Badgers today playing Waunakee for state champion 2A. First time for them to get there.
11/14/23 @ 10:02 PM
bobber b down
User since 1/31/04
Marquette B-ball  team currently ranked 4th, playing well tonight against Illinois!
11/14/23 @ 8:39 PM
WWYH
User since 5/24/16
I’m certainly not used to this N Pike. I’m as big of a homer there is, but it gets tough watching some of these teams. We’ve been spoiled for decades. Believe me, I can remember the Don Morton years and the years even before Stu Jackson got to Wisconsin. I grew up in an era that Wisconsin sports and GB football was terrible. I guess I was spoiled for a lot of years. It’s tough that you root for these teams so much and now this year they all are underachieving. I will always be a Wisconsin sports fan, just hard to watch right now. 
11/14/23 @ 8:09 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Brewers lose Counsell to the Cubs. This, after the news about Woodruff being out for the season.
Badger football was down 21 points to Northwestern with less than a minute left at home the other day. This after losing to Indiana a week earlier. 
Badger basketball just got beat bad by Providence. And the Packers are stumbling. Crowder out fir two months fir the Bucks. Been a rough couple weeks for Wisconsin sports. We’re not used to this for sure.
11/12/23 @ 10:22 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
Badger Football despite this season has the more upside. Bucks coach may be the only other top 10 coach in the nation in their class besides Fickle. Not sure on the Bucks coach though as I don't follow NBA at all. I know Fickle is considered top 10.
11/12/23 @ 9:44 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Not often the Packers and Badgers Lose in the same weekend. 

Of the Wisconsin teams that I follow most-here is what I see.
Badger Basketball- Gonna be a good year. Top 25 program most years. 

Badger football- the optimism many had at the start of the year has crashed. With the Big 10 becoming the beast that it will be starting next year, I think it’s gonna be really difficult for Badger football to be a player in the national title conversation. The encouraging thing for Badger football is that a lot of guys came to UW through the transfer portal in the off season. If that continues, that’s a huge plus.

Marquette hoops- definitely on the right track. Future looks very good. 

Brewers-Hard to tell, but this was kind of the year to make noise. The pitching staff is gonna look a lot different in the years to come. I’m Not overly optimistic about the future. Losing Counsell really makes them a huge question mark going forward. I’m hoping that the great team chemistry continues for years to come. What the Brewers have accomplished the last ten years is outstanding for a small market team. 

Bucks- I’m so glad they got their championship when they did . Really hard to repeat. They will be in the mix for as long as they have Giannis, but to actually do it again is not going to ever be easy.

Packers- Nothing is telling me they will become dominant anytime soon… but the NFL is a funny business. Things can change quickly. The Packers,   like any great NFL team need 4-5 super talented key players that the team can build around. Right now, I just don’t see those players other than maybe Gary or Clark.. A few of the young receivers might be dominant players down the road. Time will tell. 

That’s all I got. Agree? Disagree? 
11/11/23 @ 11:12 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
User since 9/6/13
I jinxed the vollyball and forgot about men’s hockey 😵‍💫
11/11/23 @ 11:06 PM
BarDown
BarDown
User since 3/9/19
LJ- don’t shortchange the Badger men’s hockey team. Currently ranked 3rd in the nation! 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 123 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE