SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Wisconsin Badgers

3/26/04 @ 4:37 PM
INITIAL POST
Troutnut
User since 1/7/02
I would like to start this thread up again for anyone who is interested in discussing the Badgers. In the future, I hope that the moderators will remove posts from antagonistic people, rather than removing this thread all together. Otherwise, antagonists will be able to remove any thread they want to. So, let's keep things good natured and civil when we talk about the Badgers.

Displaying 81 to 90 of 12,119 posts
3/22/24 @ 9:38 PM
Mr. Killroy
Mr. Killroy
User since 5/3/07
Any one notice how hard the rims are?
3/22/24 @ 9:34 PM
Holy Crappie
Holy Crappie
User since 7/13/21
Only way Badgers come back and win this game is taking ball to rim on drives or throwing down to the post.
3/22/24 @ 9:10 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
6 turnovers in the first 8 minutes is not the way you want to start the game. 
3/22/24 @ 9:08 PM
Bodhi77
Bodhi77
User since 1/9/21
Badgers better wake the f up! And quickly before this one gets out of hand!
3/22/24 @ 9:02 PM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05
Wisconsin Lady Badgers move on to the championship game after beating Colgate 3-1 tonight. They will play Ohio St on Sunday at 3:00 for the National Championship.
Wisconsin Badgers photo by antler junkie
3/20/24 @ 9:01 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
I forgot to mention, I also looked back on the full season:  when Crowl scored in double digits, Badgers were 15-6.  When he didn’t, 7-7.  I firmly believe ​that he is the key.  Chuckie ​needs to ​stay aggressive on offense as well.

3/20/24 @ 2:33 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Read something interesting about Friday's matchup and all of the upset hype.  After all, James Madison is 31-3 and Wisconsin is 22-13.  Kenpom's strength of schedule rankings had James Madison's at 293rd and the Badgers was 2nd (article said 3rd, but it is 2nd).  Again, according to Kenpom rankings, the Badgers played the 2nd hardest schedule in all of college basketball.  Another interesting thing I read that the upset people seem to be ignoring, the biggest player on James Madison is 6' 9", so the same height as Wahl.  The Badgers should have a significant advantage in the post and in rebounding.  

If Wisconsin gets good guard play (it was fantastic over the weekend) and Crowl gets involved offensively, I think the Badgers handle James Madison quite well.  
3/19/24 @ 5:58 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
It was Seth Davis first.  I believe Clark joined him later.  Can’t get a read on James Madison as their level of competition is well below what the Badgers played.  Their big win was Michigan State, literally the first game of the year.  You know, the same Spartans team the Badgers beat twice.  Speaking of Michigan State, I’m not sure I get them as a tourney team this year.  They beat Baylor and Illinois.  That's it.  Has to be the Izzo effect.  If the badgers play like the did last weekend, they could make it out of the first weekend.  I think the key to the Badgers play is Crowl.  When he is aggressive, the offense is good and they usually win.  When he is not, all you gave is Storr and he isn’t enough.  Don’t look past James Madison, but Bucky should handle them.
3/18/24 @ 9:34 PM
CCLUND
User since 5/29/11
Seth Davis has a bug up his butt about the Badgers. He would pick the St. Mary's convent team over the Badgers. He hates us every year until we win and then he turns into fan. He  never admits he's wrong.  That being the case this year he might be right. James Madison is a Cinderella pick by a lot of people.
3/18/24 @ 2:07 PM
Thrash
Thrash
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
Oh yeah, Seth Davis, Lanny's kid.  There's a great example of how the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  That's for sure.  On the other hand, he might be correct on this one - time will tell.
Displaying 81 to 90 of 12,119 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE