Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin Badgers

3/26/04 @ 4:37 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Troutnut
User since 1/7/02
I would like to start this thread up again for anyone who is interested in discussing the Badgers. In the future, I hope that the moderators will remove posts from antagonistic people, rather than removing this thread all together. Otherwise, antagonists will be able to remove any thread they want to. So, let's keep things good natured and civil when we talk about the Badgers.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 9,634 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 9:52 PM
murman
User since 11/4/08

I wouldn't say they are in if they win out guaranteed Prop... Do you remember Penn State in 2016?  Doubt you do.

They had only 1 loss.  They BEAT Ohio State, and Beat the Badgers in Big 10 Championship.  And guess what, they did not make it.  Why?  Because they had a Bad loss.  Just like the Badgers did.  There are no guarantees.   Remember, Clemson very likely in.  Oklahoma, very likely in.  Alabama, very likley in.  That leaves 1 spot.  Which as seen last year, could  easily go to a SEC team.  

Now they can still make it possibly with winning out, but there is no guarentee if they did that they would.  

TODAY @ 9:23 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

I don't understand all the plays they have been running out of the shotgun. That is not this offenses strength. Love that WI uses the FB more than anyone but yet hate that they use the FB more than anyone. Goal line series was bad on many levels.

Doomsday fans are going to doomsday this loss into the ground. Horrible loss yes, run the table they will without a doubt be in the playoffs. 

Lose one more than sure, nail the coffin. This again is exactly why you don't want good teams in the conference to lose. Even Iowa and I hate Iowa

TODAY @ 7:25 PM
JigDipper
JigDipper
User since 12/19/14

They are who we thought they were....

TODAY @ 5:56 PM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

Great weekend, but not perfect. Packers win, Bears lose, Yankees out, Dodgers out, Badger men's hockey with 2 big wins, Badger women's hockey won (12-0 & 10-2) 2 games, my Colorado Avalanche won. The Badgers football team forgot they had a game.

TODAY @ 5:07 PM
bassmaster+recordracks
bassmaster+recordracks
User since 2/25/12

Well having wishes in nice I guess. You must be realistic when trying to be in the top 4 teams. Wisconsin would have to have a great NFL prospect type qb and of course would not start out as one would have to develop into or he wouldn’t be there. Sustain their run game and defense and get a wideout with great once again NFL type readiness. They would have to prob go undefeated, winning big 10 and possibly scheduling something like Clemson or Alabama or LSU. Good football teams they have had. National title cmon. I guess anything can happen but wow way to aim high! In reality you would have to beat all the schools that have way more steady talent and game changers on both sides of the ball every year!

TODAY @ 12:30 PM
Treeshark
User since 4/5/09

“At UW, admissions doesn't care if you're an athlete or not.”

I‘m not sure that is accurate. On the 2015 UW football team, 29 players had an ACT score below 22.  It would be very difficult for a typical student without “special talents” (UW’s term) to get in with anything less than a 28. Not saying there is anything wrong with that whatsoever, but it’s not like the admissions department isn’t aware that these applicants are coming to play football and taking it into consideration.

TODAY @ 11:32 AM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

I'm checking into admissions requirements at OSU v UW.

Pretty sure it's MUCH easier to get into OSU, especially if you play football. At UW, admissions doesn't care if you're an athlete or not.

TODAY @ 10:01 AM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

Sort of agree on the Grayson Allen thing.  I think it was more a Bo Ryan unwillingness to use his bench in the second half of that game though.  I don’t recall Showalter, Trey Jackson, or Duje seeing the floor in the second half.  That game is an example of the imbalance in recruiting too.  UW had the great fortune of having a guy like Frank develop into a player of the year caliber player and having an in state player ,Sam, with tremendous talent commit early to UW.  Duke?  How many of their guys were one and done players who never saw the inside of a classroom after January first? 

How many OSU players would not get accepted at UW?  Don’t know. Doubt it is a huge number and almost certainly isn’t zero. Doesn’t make the talent scale look any better though.  OSU has 60 4-5 star players.  UW has the nine, only 1 of which is a five star.  That is the reality.  There is a huge difference in talent potential. I was hopeful UW would keep it close and maybe have a shot late in the game to pull it out against OSU.  Still hopeful?  A little.  But, I’m more hopeful it doesn’t end up like the 2014 Indy 59-0 game...

TODAY @ 9:33 AM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

It would be interesting though to truly look at Ohio State’s roster. How many of those players would not be eligible at Wisconsin? Is that number lower than we think? Or is it quite a few. I bet it’s not that different. But I might be dead wrong.

TODAY @ 9:28 AM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Keep knocking… That was the phrase Tony Bennett used as Virginia Cavaliers basketball kept getting upset in the tournament and not playing well in March. Then, they finally won the whole thing last year.

If the Badgers put themselves in position, eventually they’ll get to that final four. I agree with the previous post that refers to that. Look at Badger basketball. They were within a Grayson Allen of winning a national championship. They just kept knocking year after year and finally got there.

The higher Michigan standards… Virginia has that too. That to me is not a detriment. Oftentimes, it’s a plus…Good families, High character kids, good players who want the positive structure and great coaching-they will come and they do come. I’m not saying all the five star schools don’t get high-character quality kids, some do! But having high-quality character guys usually benefits the locker room, team chemistry, and play on the field.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 9,634 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.