SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Wisconsin Badgers

3/26/04 @ 4:37 PM
INITIAL POST
Troutnut
User since 1/7/02
I would like to start this thread up again for anyone who is interested in discussing the Badgers. In the future, I hope that the moderators will remove posts from antagonistic people, rather than removing this thread all together. Otherwise, antagonists will be able to remove any thread they want to. So, let's keep things good natured and civil when we talk about the Badgers.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 12,109 posts
TODAY @ 8:37 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
I agree about the cash making players move and u could be spot on about Chuckie.  But what are players supposed to say when asked about their coach?  Smart people don't burn bridges.
TODAY @ 6:42 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
Lot of these players will be seeing a huge decrease in pay when they are playing overseas 
TODAY @ 6:26 PM
BarDown
BarDown
User since 3/9/19
My opinion is that UW would be well served to move on from Gard. Having said that, he had zero to do with Hepburn transferring. Hepburn is a high/average, low/good level player. He's never going to play in the NBA. He's probably not athletic enough for the the G league. He'll have to put together a career overseas. He found some program willing to pay him what he was looking for, and he took it. In his situation, it's all about the bag. 
TODAY @ 5:32 PM
gobbler
PRO MEMBER User since 6/30/01
Cash is king nowdays. Chuckle and Gard got along great. Chuckle has said this many times. I bet all the teams that are ranked 15-50 are in the same situation as the Badgers with players. It's happening in football also.
TODAY @ 5:18 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
Jarred Bereggen take and I agree. If you think this is about the coach and not the money you aren't paying attention. 

"If every Badger fan that complained about transfers and called for Gard to be fired contributed to the Varsity Collective we would be able to afford Chucky and Storr 10x over. 

Transfers today have very little to do with coaching, and everything to do with 💰

I don’t like it either, but that’s the reality of college sports today. 

When there is no protection for schools, players go to the highest bidder. That’s the only thing that matters"
TODAY @ 3:56 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Gard has lost control of the UW mens basketball program.  Sigh.

It was a good run with Bennett, Ryan, and Gard, but I'm afraid it's over........
TODAY @ 3:52 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Chuckie Hepburn now in the portal. Fiddler delayed his announcement, doubt he’s coming to Wisconsin…wonder if they are going to be a package deal together, at a school not named Wisconsin. ​Good friends from what I’ve read.

4/14/24 @ 10:54 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Frankie Fidler announcing tomorrow. Huge transfer target for UW. 
4/5/24 @ 12:01 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
It’s amazing how quickly the NIL and the lax transfer rules have changed the landscape of college basketball. I don’t think it’s going to help a team like Wisconsin as much as teams like Texas,  Ohio State and Michigan, We’ll see though.
4/4/24 @ 10:22 AM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
Reports say Storr told Kansas he wanted a million dollars. Kansas offered 750,000 take it or leave it. He left it.
4/4/24 @ 9:55 AM
cm1234
User since 8/3/12
Z, the last baseball game I watched was when McGuire broke the HR record. Haven't followed since then. I could tell you one guy who plays for milwaukee, and thats about it. It's just so boring. Now, when the juice heads were hitting 70 homers a year, I could watch it. But now, I would rather watch golf, and i hate golf LOL.
4/3/24 @ 1:37 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
CM…You must not follow baseball too closely. There’s been more changes to the game than probably any other sport played professionally.   
4/3/24 @ 12:34 PM
cm1234
User since 8/3/12
There's nothing wrong with the transfer portal or NIL. For decades these schools and the ncaa made hundreds of millions, possibly billions, off the backs of these kids, yet if a kid was bought a dinner on a recruiting trip he or she was penalized for it. It's about time these kids can make some money while in college. They are the ones risking career ending, or career changing injury every time they suit up, not some nerd in a suit. If the old guard of coaches can't adapt, then move on.

If you wanna stay stuck in the 60's, be a baseball fan, otherwise enjoy watching these kids play, and be compensated for doing it.
4/3/24 @ 12:00 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Looking back on the men’s basketball season. Success or not? It’s really hard for me to know how to measure success. Is it just the tournament play? Big Ten play? Or overall?
NC State had a losing record in the ACC. Nine and 11. Played really bad at times. Yet, their season is success right now? Is it? 
3/29/24 @ 5:18 PM
BarDown
BarDown
User since 3/9/19
Badgers men's hockey team playing Quinnipiac in NCAA tournament. Unfortunately they look godawful. Lucky to only be down 1-0 after the first period. 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 12,109 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEXâ„¢ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE