MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Will Americans ever learn to get along again?

1/30/19 @ 4:48 PM
ORIGNAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

I’m a fairly optimistic person, but if I just look at things rationally, I think we are headed for some trouble in our future as Americans.

For one, humans throughout history have shown that it’s very difficult to get along. In our human nature is selfishness, pride, envy, etc.……  For another, there is such a divide in our country right now.  We can all point blame at this or that, but people are very dug into their beliefs and opinions and it doesn’t seem like it’s getting any better.

I fear for the future. All of us can certainly be the ones who try to help make our nation great, but there’s so many people, with so many different agendas, I find it hard to see a nation that is truly united in my lifetime. 

I can certainly see scenarios where certain states drop out of the Union, or an all out fight actually happens. I hope I’m wrong. I really do. But, man, where is this headed? 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 419 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/24/19 @ 7:47 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

would like to discuss more in depth in messenger,  but that's not working... don't want to break Lake-Link rules... close to edge already:)

9/24/19 @ 7:42 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

nothing's been getting done in Congress  anyhow. Status quo,  nothing has changed... respectfully disagree.. 

9/24/19 @ 7:20 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Respectfully Disagree.Things either get better or worse. Can’t say it’s getting better....

Next few months, not optimistic.  All this prevents anything meaningful from getting done. 

9/24/19 @ 6:05 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

nothing has changed...

9/24/19 @ 4:41 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Hopefully someday we (politicians) can get back to discussing issues in politics and moving the country forward.  This is bound to get ugly no matter the outcome. 

9/22/19 @ 6:14 PM
PSE
MEMBER since 11/25/05

Went to Farm Aid yesterday. 36,000 Americans got along just fine. Outstanding music. Great vibe

9/22/19 @ 5:04 PM
bluefin16
User since 1/9/08

Well said BG, i agree 100%. 

I am lucky for now, the public school my kids goes to still says the pledge every day and last year at the Christmas ( yes they still call it a Christmas program!!) They sang silent night.

But the same school still has and forces pride day ( alternate partner choices pride , sorry it wouldnt let me put the short term here) every year and some of the teachers (notice madforlabs i said Some ,not all) really push the liberal bs and the climate change hoax. Ive had discussions with some of the some , really good discussions that in the end changed nothing. But at least i know its going on and can try to show the truth to my kids when i can. 

All in all we take the good with the bad, as for now the good is alot better than the bad. Alot of really great teachers that really care,  and some that are obviously only in it for a check.

9/22/19 @ 4:02 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Wow! My bathroom reading material took longer than usual today. Wife had to come check on me. 

I like a spirited discussion, so I’ll go!

After reading all of this, I think bluefin has the most valid points. Don’t perceive that as me taking a shot at teachers, which certainly isn’t the case. But if we’re calling it what it is, of course there is a left-leaning agenda in all forms of education. I have a young son. I dread the day when he goes to school and can’t say the pledge of allegiance or gets force-fed the Homosexuality agenda.

It only gets worse with higher education. I played the game, worked my way through college and became gainfully employed. Not sure if I would do it over again. Remember what happened to all of the washed up Marxist communists of the 60’ and 70’s? They went on to teach at our country’s “elite” universities. They poisoned the minds of America’s young people and that has not stopped. 

Lastly, someone made a comment about Trump being some kind of sub-human, racist, woman-hating war monger. I’ve even heard people blame him for all the shootings (which are truthfully a product of the far left getting exactly what they want, but I’ll save that rant for another day). Let’s get real here gentlemen. In my humble opinion he is deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize several times over. Remember Isis? Virtually gone. Are our borders safer? You bet. North Korea? In far better shape than we ever were with them.  

Quick side note on that. Someone stole my Trump 2020 sign out of my yard last night. But, they left my “Support our Police” sign. So, it’s good to know they support the police while they are trespassing and stealing my property.

Let’s keep it civil, and disagree if needed. God bless. 

9/22/19 @ 3:48 PM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

Surprised to see both the NYT and Politifact being claimed as independent, neutral entities...I did a spit take on those claims...

Better go back and read this thread in whole today if it peaks your interest...it'll be gone tomorrow when Darren gets in   .

9/22/19 @ 1:48 PM
bluefin16
User since 1/9/08

Lol 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 419 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.