MORE
General Discussion

When I was young

7/10/20 @ 9:59 PM
INITIAL POST
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
User since 5/14/20

We would have to wear orange flags on our back in the snow. Snow was so high cars could not see us getting ready to cross the street and we liked it. We got so much snow we could go on to the top of buildings on the snow bank the plows made in parking lots. And we liked it. When I gave an order for the site to follow they followed cause we had no cell phone and no email and we liked it! We got our fishing reports by an old phone that you had to spin the dial and we liked it. Bills were less and no cell charges or internet and cable bills and we liked it. Let hear some stories. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,259 posts
4/6/24 @ 6:45 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09
When I was young photo by Fonzie
4/6/24 @ 5:47 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
I agree with Fonzie.
4/6/24 @ 10:30 AM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09
4/5/24 @ 10:09 PM
fishhook
fishhook
PRO MEMBER User since 9/16/01
I also have one,& use it when I’m fixing spots in the lawn like Zmaniac.
It really does a nice job with breaking up the soil before,& after I put down grass seed.
When I was young photo by fishhook
4/5/24 @ 7:41 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Got a good story from when I was younger. My uncle was only four years older than me and he was pretty much like my brother even more so than my brothers. One day my grandmother told him to do something, and for some reason he snapped, he was probably about 13 or 14 years old. he started yelling and screaming stuff and I was looking at him and I’m like you better not do that. My grandmother started walking towards him and he took off running, and he went to the stairs running out of the kitchen, my grandmother grabbed a beer can threw it, hit him in the back of the head . It was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. I almost died laughing. It was a Pap an old Milwaukee can I cannot remember. 
4/5/24 @ 7:34 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
My little brothers were lushes. They would run up to my dad on the farm and swig off his beer. Then he would bish he had no beer. I did as well but was older. 12 at least. We did they to my grandfather as well. Dad usually had a cold one. 36 yrs at ladish triclover then in the fields after work. 80 hours a week during onion and cabbage season at least. And we used to bosh when we had to go get a tractor from a field or shoot raccoons or chucks. 
4/5/24 @ 6:49 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Fonz I never saw that happen except with cans of budweiser. Back when Budweiser was still a mans beer.
4/5/24 @ 6:48 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
I still have one and use it when I’m fixing spots in the lawn. It actually does a nice job with breaking up the soil before I put some seed down. I wouldn’t mind having another one for my other place 
4/5/24 @ 6:47 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Wife bought one and she really does use it. My friends still harrass me when they see it hanging in the garage. 
4/5/24 @ 6:44 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
That's funny B@R , I just found one in our shed I was cleaning out.  Someone gave it to me 25 years or so ago, and there it sat.
4/5/24 @ 6:24 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
3/23/24 @ 5:23 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09
The 50's were a little before my time, but I remember adults doing this.
When I was young photo by Fonzie
3/14/24 @ 5:27 PM
jlkohl
User since 6/9/02
When I was young, we would all ride our bikes and find the biggest jump we could and go for it. You wipe out, you straightened the handlebars and do it again! (I could only imagine how bad anyone would be laughed at if they came to the park or mini track we had wearing a nice pretty little cushy helmet you see everyone wearing today...adults included) I know, it might be the right thing to wear, but man, kids today need to realize failure can be good, and a few scrapes and bruises are ok.
3/14/24 @ 5:13 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03
I was probably 6-8 years old.  We were camping at Devils Lake South Shore. I had brought  along one of those snow thower trumpets with the long neck. So, anyway I thought it to be a good trick to go up the mountain to the top, at six in the morning and blast off to wake everyone up. So I did, having gone up many times since I could walk it was an easy climb.I dont remember if my dad said anything but I got away with it.
3/11/24 @ 6:16 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
When was the last time that you saw a full parking lot. Time to bring back angle parking! There are still some that never changed. It's just easier to come and go all around!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,259 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE