Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

What would you do?

11/10/17 @ 3:50 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Edge
User since 2/28/07

So I go into to local gas station to buy some goodies, anyways I get up to counter. She rings up $3.50, I give her a $5.00. As she about to make change she coughs covering her mouth and says I've got a cold. Well she hands me the change with that nasty hand. I'm thinking crap I hope I don't get her cold but sure as hell I'm feeling one coming on. What would you do? Tell her to keep the change? If I knew she was sick I would of used my card

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 33 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/12/17 @ 1:44 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

The fact that he called me right after I talked to the land owner went a long way in my decisions!The land owner doesn't hunt and was really cooperatives! All the adjoining properties are really Expensive homesteads,and my main concern was ticking off the other land owners,I have had NO problems in 15 years and places like this are really difficult to get permission to hunt! If one of the neighbors find a gut pile in his flower bed it might cause a problem. The genitals on a branch right in front of my ground blind made me think (in your face), but he said he did not see the Blind??No problems this year and I only Bow hunt this property so I hope he did his home work!

11/12/17 @ 7:29 AM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

If after talking to the guy, you felt it was an honest mistake, then I absolutely think you did the right thing.

We all make mistakes. 

If on the other hand you got the sense he was giving you a snow job, and it wasn't by mistake, then a very different story. I will say that the deer dying by your scrape next to your ground blind suggests he knew he wasn't on his buddies land. Wouldn't you think if you allowed a friend to hunt your land, you would let him know of any ground blinds or tree stands?  The fact that he didn't know that wasn't his buddies blind is bit odd.

You being understanding about it should certainly go a long way with your new neighbor. 

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
11/12/17 @ 6:30 AM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09
I hunt on a small 13 acre parcel,last year I went to my ground blind and as it got light I noticed a gut pile on my mock scrape 25 Yds. Away,also hanging on a branch were the Bucks genitals!The adjacent land was just sold and the new owner let a friend hunt.I had his pic on trail cam,and contacted the land owner.I talked to the hunter and he said he did not know the boundaries,and it was dark when he found the deer,and offered to give me Venison and buy me beer.I told him it was not necessay!I contacted the Dnr and Sheriff and found out he could be sighted for Trespassing,littering,and illegal retrieval of game,possible fines of $1000! After talking to him and explaining on these small areas to get permission and know the boundaries I gave him my phone # and said to call if he ever needs help!No charges were filed and I hope it fosters good hunter landowner relations in the future! Needles to say I was a little upset at first,but after calming down and thinking it over I think I did the right thing! Grandad

11/11/17 @ 10:41 PM
Fishscales
User since 3/2/03

Was at a buffet yesterday and i saw a guy at the salad bar holding his plate in his right hand and then he turned away to sneeze covering his nose with his left hand. He wipes his left hand on his pants leg and then grabs the handle of the ladle for the dressing. And then another sneeze comes along and he turns his head and lets her go. About 8 feet is another buffet station with food on it. I was happy that i was done eating. I try and not rub my eyes or touch my nose when my hands are not clean or put food in my mouth.

11/11/17 @ 10:01 PM
shadling1
shadling1
User since 1/17/12

Get her name, address and phone #. If she was patient zero you are screwed anyway but at least now the CDC has a way to track how the zombie apocalypse started and can make an attempt to find a vaccine.....

11/11/17 @ 9:12 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

lol, that's funny!

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
11/11/17 @ 9:11 PM
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

Was she hot? That matters. 

11/11/17 @ 9:02 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

Can honestly say that I've never used hand sanitizer,  except for good old soap n water

11/11/17 @ 8:59 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

C'mon Trackerat, cut the guy some slack!

Hand sanitizer is good stuff! 

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
11/11/17 @ 8:30 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

You’re right it is gross but nothing can really be done about it. She was probably coughing in the cash register all day so you’re screwed either way. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 33 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.