Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

What Book Did You Just Read ?

7/22/11 @ 9:09 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Hudson Hawk
User since 2/19/07
Just wondering what books any one reads? I just got done with Sammy Hagar "RED" and read it in 2 days. Very good autobiogrphy and am now reading " if this isn't jerky, than what did I just eat" from Bill Heavey. And just picked up "In The Sancuary Of Outcasts" An auto biography of a mans life behind bars for 4 years.

What books did/do you read or authers you enjoy

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 544 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/8/20 @ 6:34 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
User since 12/9/08

Just finished The Harbinger II which was recently released.   Wow.  America is at an extremely critical crossroads.   The facts cannot be denied.  

6/12/20 @ 4:24 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Re reading a cop series by John Sanford.  All the books are titled something Prey . Mostly set in Minnesota. 

6/11/20 @ 1:02 PM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

I just finished the 3 rd book of “ The Kansas NCO” triogy. Like I stated below an above average read about Nam!   CARPIO 

4/30/20 @ 6:33 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Nothing new . Tomorrow I can finally get books at the library  , via takeout .

4/30/20 @ 4:09 PM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

I just finished THE KANSAS NCO by Joe Campolo.   A great read with a different take on Vietnam.  Completely different from the other ” shoot em up bang bang” books that are out there.  Part fiction, part truth, part mystery.   Good job Mr. CAMPOLO!    CARPIO 

4/9/20 @ 11:59 AM
lwinger
User since 2/1/10

A Very Stable Genius        by Phillip Rucker & Carol Leoning

4/8/20 @ 5:21 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

There is a website called Order of Books . Easy way to follow an author or character  . 

As to books I'm reading old ones from the basement.  II read anything new around here .

4/8/20 @ 2:43 PM
StorminNormin1957
User since 2/6/17

CJ Box - author.  His Joe Picket series, there are maybe 10 or so in this series.  Fiction about a game warden in Wyoming, and the crimes he ends up involved in trying to solve.  I'm talking murders, mayhem, controversial land-use issues sometimes.  If you like detective type books, these are in a very visual setting in the mountains of Wyoming.  I recommend them highly.  Best if read in order, the first one being Open Season.  But I jumped in, in the middle books, eventually going back and reading them all.  

4/8/20 @ 2:36 PM
ktowne
MEMBER since 7/20/03

Great Carpio, hope you enjoy it!

4/8/20 @ 1:54 PM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

Ktown. I just ordered    The Kansas NCO.   I am now reading “The Fall Of Fortresses”

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 544 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.