SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

What Book Did You Just Read ?

7/22/11 @ 9:09 PM
INITIAL POST
Hudson Hawk
User since 2/19/07
Just wondering what books any one reads? I just got done with Sammy Hagar "RED" and read it in 2 days. Very good autobiogrphy and am now reading " if this isn't jerky, than what did I just eat" from Bill Heavey. And just picked up "In The Sancuary Of Outcasts" An auto biography of a mans life behind bars for 4 years.

What books did/do you read or authers you enjoy

Displaying 1 to 15 of 601 posts
3/20/24 @ 3:01 PM
Direwolf66
PRO MEMBER User since 2/21/20
Heimo the character in the Last Frontiersman was also one of the featured people on the last Alaskan s TV show
3/20/24 @ 2:03 PM
ktowne
ktowne
PRO MEMBER User since 7/20/03
Thank you Chaw and Carpio for the kind reviews.
My books, along with many blog stories and other features are on my website, if anyone wishes to check it out:
https://namwarstory.com/

3/20/24 @ 1:16 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Read it.   Exc book.
3/20/24 @ 12:44 PM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11
The Final Frontiersman by James Campbell.

Both the author and the main subject are from Wisconsin.

Very good book about a guy that moves from Wisconsin to Alaska and lives off the land.

True story.
3/20/24 @ 11:44 AM
Carpio
Carpio
I should have added that I’m also reading The BIG BURN about Roosevelt and how he put into the US Forestry Service while in office.   He took on all the big buck boys in the logging and paper industry,and Won!     Im reading both books at the same time to get a feel of politics and exploration at the same time.   1890s - 1918.     
3/20/24 @ 7:49 AM
Carpio
Carpio
the RIVER OF DOUBT.    THEODORE ROOSEVELT’s exploration of that river ( now called Roosevelt River) in the central Amazon in the early 20 th century.       
3/20/24 @ 6:02 AM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02
I read:

On War, Fishing and Philosophy by Joe Campolo, Jr.

If you have an interest in the Vietnam War and its many characters, this is a great read. 

Just finished the novel. Fabulous. The writing style is amazing and friendly to the audience. It seems to come effortlessly for the author. That is such an amazing natural skill. The author has known and lost so many talented friends, soldiers, writers. I very much look forward to reading another of this authors novels. 

Joe Campolo, Jr. , the author, is know on these boards as KTowne. He is an accomplished author, having at least 9 novels to his credit. Not sure of the exact number but we are lucky to have KTowne as one of our own. 
3/10/24 @ 8:50 PM
Wharf Dwarf II
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/10
Robert B Parkers Broken trust   I like his detective Spencer novels
3/10/24 @ 5:36 PM
OneFineDay
User since 7/22/12
Last of the Great Brown Bear Men. 
3/10/24 @ 5:01 PM
Carpio
Carpio
Just finishing another of KTOWN’s books and it was as advertised on the cover.  It covered seemingly everything from smelt fishing to the World War in the ALEUTIAN ISLANDS to the deadly creatures in NAM!    It’ll certainly hold your interest.
What Book Did You Just Read ? photo by Carpio
12/12/23 @ 8:28 PM
Kayaker 8
User since 8/28/20
Ghost Soldiers by Hampton Sides.
True story of a rescue of POW survivors of the Bataan Death March from a prison camp before as the US retook the Philippines in 1945.
Heart rendering to hear what the prisoners went through and riveting on how the rescue was pulled off. 

12/12/23 @ 7:54 PM
Carpio
Carpio
WEDDING OF THE WATERS.  The building of the ERIE CANAL and how it affected global economics.   Exc. book.  
What Book Did You Just Read ? photo by Carpio
12/11/23 @ 7:16 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
You guys are funny. I was watching a documentary on Sigmund Freud and he is quoted as being unable to evaluate and understand women in his professional capacity as a psycho analyst. In another conversation he apparently admitted to stringing along and fleecing female patients of their money. "Completely hysterical" he described them in one of his writings.

200 years later and his profession has evolved into promoting gender confusion. So easy to see the connection between the past, the present and the perpetual irrationality 
12/11/23 @ 5:49 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
And no male would ever understand it 
12/11/23 @ 5:39 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
And then it would change a bunch of times also.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 601 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE