LOGIN
Lake-Link

Volunteer opportunities to help veterans

12/16/15 @ 11:13 AM
ORIGNAL POST
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
User since 4/18/12
So here's the deal, my grandparents were kind enough to write a check to pay for my college education. Meaning that this summer I won't have to work a lot of hours to pay for my tuition. Rather than sitting on my ass and playing video games all summer, I want to use my free time to help out our veterans. Does anyone know of any organizations that are looking for help? Preferably in south eastern Wisconsin but I'm willing to travel a bit if need be. Or does anyone know any disabled vets that need help anything such as yard work or errands? Any info on potential volunteer opportunities would be very much appreciated. Thanks

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
12/16/15 @ 3:13 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01
Musky: If he contacts the VA to help disabled Veterans they will refer him to the WPVA office.

12/16/15 @ 2:41 PM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11
Great idea fishmaster!!

Did you look into the VA hospital?

12/16/15 @ 1:22 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01
YES!!!!

My wife and I volunteer with the Paralyzed Veterans of America, Wisconsin Chapter, and can always use help. The office is located on Highway 100 & Lincoln in West Allis.

PM me after the holidays if you're interested and I can put you in touch with the right people at the office. The BIG item we always need help with would be during our Tapshoot in Green Bay; not sure on the date but it's the end of July. But there are other things to help with also.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.