Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Vehicle problems--Auto Mechanics Help!

10/27/06 @ 5:07 AM
ORIGINAL POST
big mac
MEMBER SINCE 2/19/02
I looked for a current thread on this subject, but there was none started.

My dilema, I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado pick up, the tach has not worked properly for about 6 months and now the speedometer does not work properly. I called the dealership, and he said I might need a whole new insturment cluster, that sounds costly. My question is this, is this the only way to fix it, and does anybody out there have or had a similar problem, and what did you do,

Thank you, Big Mac77

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 1,244 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

8/1/22 @ 6:59 AM
Bud Wise 2
Bud Wise 2
USER SINCE 9/5/13

Tire shops make little to nothing on the actual tires. 10%  we made our money off the the labor. Costco might be my go to for my next purchases. If you don't have a membership you can use a gift card to get in the door. Jfi  I spent(wasted) 20 years in retail/industrial shop  

7/31/22 @ 10:29 PM
CCLUND
USER SINCE 5/29/11

Many online tire sellers have tire installers all over the country. Ask for an installation facility near you. Also usually you will know the the  installation cost before you call the business. 

7/31/22 @ 4:12 PM
utahman
USER SINCE 3/9/03

I order my tires thru walmart. You can order any kind of tires not even ones that they carry and have them delivered and they will put them on when they get them, best price and service walmart.com tires.

6/27/22 @ 7:39 PM
panks
USER SINCE 10/22/08

My neighbor had the same issue with the GMC high Sierra truck. Sold in canada.

He bought an extended warranty and that warranty did not apply.  They refunded him his extended warranty money.

Had to pay out of pocket for the recall item.

6/27/22 @ 7:13 PM
CMunyon
USER SINCE 5/12/16

Go to another dealer and/or call mazda and tell them what the dealer told her.A recall is a recall no matter where it's built,it's still a Mazda.

They just did'nt want to deal with it so she got the BS story.

6/27/22 @ 1:55 PM
Musky99
USER SINCE 8/8/11

Larry, it was related to 'cylinder deactivation'.

The local dealer said we should take the car back, but also codes are not always right, so thats why I am confused.

Daughter also has 7 days to sign up for an extended warranty.

6/27/22 @ 1:17 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER SINCE 1/14/02

Check and see if Mazda has a United States customer service phone number. If they do call them and explain your situation and see what they had to say. Had a similar issue with my '17 Silverado transmission where the dealer I bought from said they couldn't do anything about it. Called GM customer assistance and had a rebuilt transmission installed 3 months later with a 2 year warranty

Seems a vehicle around 4 years old with a recall should be repaired no matter where it came from

6/27/22 @ 1:07 PM
larryallen
MEMBER SINCE 12/4/02

Musky,

What was the Mazda fault code?

6/27/22 @ 10:45 AM
Musky99
USER SINCE 8/8/11

Alright what would you do....Daughter bought her first car last week - a used 2018 Mazda CX 5 NOT from a Mazda dealer.  Owned the car for about 2 days the engine light comes on.  

She had the code checked and the item is a recall item.  

She calls local Mazda dealer and gives them the VIN number, they tell her the car is from Canada and nothing is covered.  

I was out of town when she signed all the docs she 'thinks' the selling dealer told her the car was from Canada but not sure.  

Is this a big deal or not?   Since its a 2018 is anything really covered?  

6/21/22 @ 7:49 AM
crawdaddy
USER SINCE 7/11/01

Maybe a little. I am going to check oil every fill up instead of every 1,000 miles.    Changed all plugs and coils.  Sure runs smoother.  Has a little more pop/ acceleration too.  Shop said it had the wrong brand of spark plugs in it too.  Had been changed at 100 k by friend of previous owner.  Shop said Autolite not recommended for Honda engines.  Looked it up and at least what I read confirmed that statement.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 1,244 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.