SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Vegetable Garden

6/30/04 @ 1:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Paladin
User since 6/15/01
Who's got one ? what are you growing ? and how's it coming along? Mine consists of sweet corn , cabbage , brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli ,cucumbers, zucchini, peas, tomatoes , peppers , acorn squash, pumpkins, and assorted spices. The cold wet weather hasn't been very conducive to good growth so far for me. But with warmer weather in the forecast things should turn out. I hope those of you growing fair better.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,489 posts
4/21/24 @ 1:55 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Got a little time this year to do some early tilling.
Vegetable Garden photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
4/20/24 @ 9:56 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Here's some of my seedlings as of a few days ago. Tomatoes have also all come up in the last couple of days. They only take a few days to germinate but some peppers take almost a month! I'm trying to put these in the ground at a much smaller size this year, much like when you buy a 4 or 6 pack at a greenhouse. I think I'm on good track. A lot of the peppers I planted about 3 weeks ago are starting to grow their first set of leaves. Once they get a second set of true leaves I'll transplant them into bigger cups, which I mostly use Dixie cups. I tried Styrofoam cups one year and they didn't root as well, plus they really only lasted once. Dixie cups I can use over and over again. I wash them in a light bleach solution then rinse well and they're good to go for the next season!
Vegetable Garden photo by Fishlovme
4/20/24 @ 8:22 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
44/45 I know, I was only joking about the frost/freeze. They are real hardy!
4/20/24 @ 5:28 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
Fishlovme, I've grown garlic for over 20 years. The only weather I've found to affect it is a drought. I do say that I have grown the same type, and other's may react differently to weather.
4/19/24 @ 10:00 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
What should I do with all my garlic tonight, cover it? 
4/19/24 @ 6:42 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Frost, warning everywhere, man it’s only late April.
4/19/24 @ 5:48 PM
Madgill
Madgill
PRO MEMBER User since 12/26/01
Frost warning tonight in Dane county! I covered up the celery plants.
Vegetable Garden photo by Madgill
4/19/24 @ 5:02 PM
Mister-K
User since 7/26/22
Slowly but surely...
Vegetable Garden photo by Mister-K
4/19/24 @ 2:43 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
My cukes weren’t visible last night   
Vegetable Garden photo by Carpio
4/18/24 @ 7:21 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
Wow BMR that sucks that the critters even eat your onions! Long as I put them in the garden that's close to the house they tend to stay away from them. I remember two years ago when I planted a few in my back garden a squirrel dug one up and replanted it about 6 feet away. That's the one that gave me the seeds last year, lol!
Most of my tomato seedlings are up. Some peppers are too but a few to go. I plan to start cherry tomatoes, a couple zucchini and couple cucumbers indoors on may 1st. That'll be everything for starting indoors. 
4/17/24 @ 8:45 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Yeah, I still don’t have any asparagus up!
4/17/24 @ 8:44 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
Dang im jealous of the asparagus! Just in time for grilling season!
1.64" of rain in the last 2 days. Looks like I'll be replanting the garden!
4/17/24 @ 5:58 PM
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
User since 7/29/21
1st pick of the year will be enjoyed by the wife and I with dinner. Should have a nice handful come this weekend also.
Vegetable Garden photo by SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
4/17/24 @ 3:04 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Had to run some errands this morning when I got back a squirrel had getting in underneath the fence, dug a hole and raised havoc with some onions. I will get him he’ll be back. But I am trying my old goose waver to make it look like a bird of pray. It’s flapping around pretty good.
4/16/24 @ 8:57 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
FINALLY got some paprika to sprout! These took roughly 3 weeks to germinate. Glad I gave it one last ditch effort!
Vegetable Garden photo by Junkie4Ice
Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,489 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE