Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Vacation Puerto Rico?

8/22/16 @ 9:13 AM
ORIGNAL POST
ohioguy
User since 4/19/05

Howdy,  anyone ever vacation in Puerto Rico?  Taking the family somewhere south in February, and like the idea of being able to hike in a rainforest and not be stuck on a beach for a week.  Thanks!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/22/16 @ 12:28 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

My wife and son were on a cruise over Spring Break and they stopped in Puerto Rico for a day or two.  San Juan was a fun city to visit and they got to hike in the forest to some old ruins and missions.  They said they'd go back.  Now I'm sure the cruise line didn't take them to the crappy parts of the island but like any other place, if you get with a knowledgeable guide/resort/hotel, you'll probably enjoy it.  

Another good Caribbean destination that some of our friends go to every year is Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.  I heard that it's really reasonable and clean.

8/22/16 @ 12:00 PM
ohioguy
User since 4/19/05

I'm not going to get pregnant, and zika will be everywhere in the southern US soon...can't live in fear.  And there's always bug spray.

Costa Rica may be an option but it's much more expensive.   

8/22/16 @ 11:23 AM
Badgerloader
User since 4/10/11

Have you heard about the Zika virus???????

8/22/16 @ 10:41 AM
NAV165
User since 5/23/05

I would consider Costa Rica.  You can spend a few days hiking the rainforest and seeing volcanoes and then transition to the beach for a few days.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.