MORE
General Discussion

Utv plow

1/28/23 @ 6:40 PM
INITIAL POST
fuzzyfishin
User since 3/26/07

Recently bought a can am Utv commander 1000 2018  

Am hoping to get some info/ help in purchasing a plow. I am looking for width of plow and also power angle. I do have a winch.  Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts
2/1/23 @ 5:10 PM
Lake bum
Lake bum
User since 3/28/18

Glacier Pro Plow! Nothing else to say, no pins to pull, no getting on knees, 15 sec. To put on or remove…

On another topic, has anyone with a polaris 1000 receive a stop use, stop ride, due to gas leak at gas tank connector. 

2/1/23 @ 6:51 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow….. 

That is the rig Westy!! 

2/1/23 @ 5:27 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

This is what I bought myself when I got sick of shoveling snow. You get one of these you can't wait for it to snow.  

Utv plow photo by westfieldW
1/31/23 @ 8:23 PM
fuzzyfishin
User since 3/26/07

Thanks all, still undecided. Am looking more to the denali with the motoalliance power angle. yes I’m lazy and getting old. Using a snowblower isn’t cutting it. Wind blows it back in my face and I have an enclosure.  I’ve also been reading about getting a 2” sleeve and mounting a plow to it.  Thoughts on a sleeve? 

Thanks again

1/30/23 @ 5:34 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

I’d have to have money to burn to go away from manual adjustment. It’s just not worth the money..

1/30/23 @ 5:32 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

Exactly BTF!

The plow has more than enough angle, you just have to adjust it manually if you need it (which is very seldom)

Takes less than 30 seconds…

1/30/23 @ 5:22 PM
Jeremy
User since 6/15/01

The KFI manual angle isn't a PITA to me as the 66" plow I had on my old Mule 610 had manual angle with 5 position.

I liked using the slight angle on the plow when working on bigger snow drifts.  I don't think I would recommend a 72" KFI plow for anyone using an UTV with over a 66" wheelbase

The plow I had on the 610 was made by Eagle IIRC and I broke mounting bolts and bent up the mounting plate.  I don't think I will have that problem with the KFI system as it is built heavier

1/30/23 @ 10:10 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

I have a 72" Moose plow on my Yamaha Wolverine.  It has 5 angle settings, manual.  I don't use the max angle ever, just first angle setting.  I have zero complaints.

1/30/23 @ 9:04 AM
BeerTownFyreman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Limited is probably the wrong word. Its 3 positions: straight, max side angle (if right size, this should put it outside the tire), and in the middle. I am 95% of use max to the side.

Biggest complaint is the slight PITA to change the angle, its manual. Get off the rig, lift the pin and spin it. Not the end of the world, and not so much I consider spending the extra for hydraulic. Like others, I have the routine down so the angle changes are minimum.

My driveway and turnaround are long and gravel, and my other plowed areas by garage/shed is just over 1/2 acre in area. It gets harder than average use and has held up great over the last 5 years. I use a synthetic winch strap that hasn't failed yet. The steel blade itself is still in great shape. I have replaced 3 shoes/mounts and this fall put on new pushbars. Next year, I'm looking at a new scraper bar. All in all, great piece of equipment, dependable, and easy to maintain.

Utv plow photo by BeerTownFyreman
1/30/23 @ 8:07 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

You can get the hydraulic kit for in cab angle adjustment. It's pricey! I've got a 1/4 mile long driveway aand very large apron area around the house. Never once have I wished for additional angle adjustment. I'm unsure why you feel more angle adjustment is needed or beneficial. 

1/30/23 @ 6:58 AM
fuzzyfishin
User since 3/26/07

Everyone thus far has recommended the kfi brand. I’m a little skeptical on the limited angle movement. Can one get more angle using hydraulics? 

1/29/23 @ 7:52 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Sorry, yes I meant KFI. I have no issue with the plow angle and manual adjustment .  Like Brent I have gotten pretty crafty about plowing without hopping out to often. Easily plows outside my tire path.

1/29/23 @ 7:22 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

X3 for a KFI plow.

Only drawback for me is the manually adjustment of the plow.

It plows a nice path for my tires!

I’m getting better at figuring out how to plow without having to stop and adjust.  

Really a good value IMO!

Utv plow photo by Plmlk
1/29/23 @ 4:53 PM
BeerTownFyreman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Love my KFI on my ATV. Yes, make sure that when angled it plows outside the tire width.

Few other things I liked about KFI:

Thickest steel blade available.

Adjustable skids with replacable mounting brackets (I have long gravel driveway... have replaced several so far)

Most everything easy to replace (edge bar, push tubes, etc)

Easy mount/removal

Yes, the only drawback I have is the limited angle adjustment, and its manual.

1/29/23 @ 4:32 PM
Jeremy
User since 6/15/01

madforlabs

Do you mean KFI plow?  About the only thing I don't like about mine is that it is only 3 position as when angled it barely clears enough snow for my tires on a Mule Pro MX.  The power angle kit for KFI is pricey https://www.amazon.com/KFI-Products-Hydraulic-Angle-105935/dp/B07GGY549T

Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE