Lake-Link

Trolling Lake Michigan

7/9/18 @ 3:40 PM
ORIGNAL POST
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11

Did the big lake 1970 till 1993

Things hv sure changed..i.understand the clarity of the water now .

But stiil think yall getting to complicated ...

I understand it .

But for example..2 3 4 5 6 color lead core. 

Cooper line fr dipsey .braid sounds excellent 

Oh well I'm old and behind times..seems many coild try and simply do less ...

Wskiph

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/9/18 @ 6:57 PM
X-Ray
X-Ray
User since 3/30/15

4th season on LM and I have a long way to go to match my father in-law's bass gear.  The amount of "stuff" he has is unreal.  But.......  I am on my second boat (bigger is better disease).  I have wire, leadcore, copper, braid, downriggers, etc.  I've gone from back country trout fisherman to all in big water trolling which could evolve into offshore gulf stream if my wife lets this run its course .........

7/9/18 @ 6:41 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11

Hey Musky 36 

I had a stroke last year and dnt type well .I dont drink 

Just sayin I then sometimes smplf better

7/9/18 @ 4:46 PM
Musky_36
User since 4/27/02

If your around Port or Milwaukee I will catch you a drink to keep the buzz going

7/9/18 @ 4:44 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I spent a ton of time out there from about 1997 until I moved in 2004. Between that and Bass fishing I was on the water continuously. We trolled Pro King’s pretty much exclusively.. four down riggers, slide divers and skis.. added to the mix. Auto pilot on the boat so we could steer from the back deck. Sub-troll speed and temp sensor.. Not too fancy but man did we catch the fish.. my favorite was early in the year catching Steelhead 15 miles out in 400ft of water fishing the top 20ft... that was fun.

I really miss that Tiara 3100 open, what a fishing machine with twin 375hp Crusader (6.0L) engines, that thing got up and went.. my wife even misses that boat, even though I thought she hated it back then..

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.