LOGIN
Lake-Link

Tree removal

8/3/16 @ 3:04 PM
ORIGNAL POST
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
User since 4/18/12

I remember there being a lake linker who was an arborist. I'm forgetting who it was. My parents need 3 trees removed and I prefer to give my business to someone on here. Can anyone tell me which  user it was? And what the name of his business was? I want to pass it along to my parents.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 32 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/27/18 @ 3:48 PM
rikj
rikj
User since 7/29/01

I had a big spruce removed this spring for $300. and stump grinding was $40.

The same guy also did a big clump birch for $400. and $45 for stump removal as well. He just did that about 3 weeks ago and my seeding is just starting to take. If you pay cash it may save you a few bucks.........

5/27/18 @ 3:11 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

I paid  1700 for a dead popular too close to house . It was over 3 ft across the stump .

5/27/18 @ 2:12 PM
Big-Fish-R
User since 4/9/08

Anyone know approximate cost of removing a decent size Maple, including grinding?   Too close to lines/house to do safely.  I am just looking ballpark.  Nw wi.

5/6/17 @ 1:02 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

And lawsuits against the equipment manufactures are most often lost. 

Unless you meant the manufacturer loses..

False... I know this for an absolute fact. They (the manufacturer) either lose or pay.. Either way they pay, it is just a matter of how much. Employers and the employees company is the only one protected via workmanship compensation, in most cases..

5/6/17 @ 12:37 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Could there be a worse way to go?  Defintiely. I know several vicitims of farm accidents. If you dont die real soon after the accident then you could live a long, miserable, lonely existance.  And lawsuits against the equipment manufactures are most often lost.

5/6/17 @ 8:54 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

5/6/17 @ 8:19 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
 (forgot to remove it) ..or a careless act

5/6/17 @ 8:03 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Brent.. or.. a worse way to survive. I also suspect that had he died, the lawsuit would be something less than $16.7 million dollars..

As an Automation and Functional Safety Engineer it will be interesting to see how this ends and what portion of responsibility the Woodchipper manufacturer is held to.

5/6/17 @ 7:53 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I had a 75 year old silver maple in the yard of our last house.  Depending on wind direction, it had the potential of taking out my roof and/or the roofs of both of my neighbors.  I asked my insurance agent about what I would be liable for if a limb came down on my neighbor's house and he told me that it came down to negligence if my neighbor could prove it.  His advice was to keep the tree maintained and there wouldn't be much my neighbor could prove and that their insurance would be responsible for the damages.  I can't remember the legal term for it but it had something to do with "act of God".  This was in WI and was many years ago.

5/6/17 @ 7:47 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I "suspect" that the rope was still attached to to the branch (forgot to remove it) .. they were using the ropes to lower the branches to the ground..

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 32 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.