SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Tree removal

8/3/16 @ 4:04 PM
INITIAL POST
fishingmaster1997
User since 4/18/12

I remember there being a lake linker who was an arborist. I'm forgetting who it was. My parents need 3 trees removed and I prefer to give my business to someone on here. Can anyone tell me which  user it was? And what the name of his business was? I want to pass it along to my parents.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 37 posts
5/27/18 @ 4:48 PM
rikj
rikj
User since 7/29/01

I had a big spruce removed this spring for $300. and stump grinding was $40.

The same guy also did a big clump birch for $400. and $45 for stump removal as well. He just did that about 3 weeks ago and my seeding is just starting to take. If you pay cash it may save you a few bucks.........

5/27/18 @ 4:11 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

I paid  1700 for a dead popular too close to house . It was over 3 ft across the stump .

5/27/18 @ 3:12 PM
Big-Fish-R
User since 4/9/08

Anyone know approximate cost of removing a decent size Maple, including grinding?   Too close to lines/house to do safely.  I am just looking ballpark.  Nw wi.

5/6/17 @ 2:02 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

And lawsuits against the equipment manufactures are most often lost. 

Unless you meant the manufacturer loses..

False... I know this for an absolute fact. They (the manufacturer) either lose or pay.. Either way they pay, it is just a matter of how much. Employers and the employees company is the only one protected via workmanship compensation, in most cases..

5/6/17 @ 1:37 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Could there be a worse way to go?  Defintiely. I know several vicitims of farm accidents. If you dont die real soon after the accident then you could live a long, miserable, lonely existance.  And lawsuits against the equipment manufactures are most often lost.

5/6/17 @ 9:54 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

5/6/17 @ 9:19 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

(forgot to remove it) ..or a careless act

5/6/17 @ 9:03 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)

Brent.. or.. a worse way to survive. I also suspect that had he died, the lawsuit would be something less than $16.7 million dollars..

As an Automation and Functional Safety Engineer it will be interesting to see how this ends and what portion of responsibility the Woodchipper manufacturer is held to.

5/6/17 @ 8:53 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I had a 75 year old silver maple in the yard of our last house.  Depending on wind direction, it had the potential of taking out my roof and/or the roofs of both of my neighbors.  I asked my insurance agent about what I would be liable for if a limb came down on my neighbor's house and he told me that it came down to negligence if my neighbor could prove it.  His advice was to keep the tree maintained and there wouldn't be much my neighbor could prove and that their insurance would be responsible for the damages.  I can't remember the legal term for it but it had something to do with "act of God".  This was in WI and was many years ago.

5/6/17 @ 8:47 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)

I "suspect" that the rope was still attached to to the branch (forgot to remove it) .. they were using the ropes to lower the branches to the ground..

5/6/17 @ 8:45 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Could there be a worse way to go?  It is hard to even think about.

5/6/17 @ 8:38 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

Chouinard was positioned on the ground and wasn't tied to the rope, but the rope apparently had snagged on a pruned branch that he was feeding into the chipper, 

Ok I would think rope into a chipper would be bad...but I will let cds explain 

5/6/17 @ 8:24 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)

CDS.. thought this might be of interest to you. In a round about way I am now involved in the Legal argument.

Dangerous profession you are involved in.. and this ain't Fargo..

Head first into a wood chipper and survived..

5/5/17 @ 8:27 PM
amaranthlost
User since 5/31/10

I had an issue similar with a smaller tree. I called the city and my insurance company as the tree was in danger of taking out my power line. Both said that if it were to fall it would be my issue to deal with. My insurance would have to cover the damage or I would have to pay to have it removed. I ended up taking care of it myself and cutting it down even with the fence line. Granted this is in IL, so I'm not sure how WI handles this situation.

5/5/17 @ 8:21 PM
Team Crap Eye
User since 1/24/09

If you're not sure call an arborist. I would just cut 4 feet chunks at a time starting near the bottom. Probably going to have to cut from underneath, cut slow do you can see the cut starting to open. Be careful not to pinch the saw. The most dangerous part is after you make several of those cuts, the angle the tree is leaning at increases, and will eventually be near vertical if it doesn't free itself from the tree it is hung up in. Be careful if it ends up close to vertical that is doesn't fall back at you. Does that make any sense? Have someone with you, just in case you need a hand or get not trouble.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 37 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE