MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Crazyotto
Crazyotto
USER since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 49,566 Posts
6/25/19 @ 10:58 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

Guess we know how to beat the Brewers... be in last place lol... 

not a pretty game for the Crew.... exception being 2 outstanding catches by Gamel, and a great putout by Braun ... 

hope Cain's thumb therapy takes, if I remember correctly,  took a couple sessions for Brauny

Edited on 6/25/19 11:00 PM
Post Your Comment
6/25/19 @ 8:17 PM
brews4995
brews4995
USER since 4/2/10

Back to back errors, yikes, ugly so far.

Post Your Comment
6/25/19 @ 7:42 PM
JigDipper
JigDipper
USER since 12/19/14

Nice dp by Davies. Quick reflexes!

Post Your Comment
6/25/19 @ 6:57 PM
BarDown
BarDown
USER since 3/9/19

River gnat for the win!

Post Your Comment
6/25/19 @ 5:41 PM
river gnat 2
river gnat 2
USER since 5/30/19

Yes, the Cubs have always been prohibitive favorites since they can afford a payroll $50-$150 mil. more than their division rivals like this year, thus better able to absorb injuries or bad contracts like Darvish etal! That's the facts of MLB! All the more sweeter when some team like the Brewers knocks them off!

Edited on 6/25/19 5:59 PM
Post Your Comment
6/25/19 @ 4:11 PM
Bug zapper 2
Bug zapper 2
USER since 10/7/18

Prohibitive means little. This is the toughest division top to bottom in baseball.

Post Your Comment
6/25/19 @ 1:43 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Hey Dude! One team you did not mention is the CHICAGO CUBS,PROHIBITIVE  FAVORITES!!! . "{GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DO" THANK-YOU!!!

Post Your Comment
6/25/19 @ 12:26 PM
Swamp buck
Swamp buck
USER since 1/23/09

Ya the Reds are stacked with talent. Votto is a dangerous hitter but he has been off this year. Also Gennett has been out with a groin injury and if he was hitting like he was last year look out!

Post Your Comment
6/25/19 @ 9:11 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

I'm not sure you can count out anyone in the NL Central at this point.  Tightest division in baseball.  The Reds have a lot of talent and have been playing better baseball.  If they didn't have that awful start to the season, they would be right in the thick of things too.  I think least likely is Pittsburgh.  Sitting at a run differential of -72, I'm not sure how they are so close to .500.  

The Brewers are now -1 in run differential.  I still don't know what that means, but I feel like it is telling me they are more lucky than good.  Unfortunately, luck usually runs out.  Just ask Aggy, he'll tell you.

Cincinnati is +48.  The team can clearly score runs.  If they figure some things out pitching wise, they could be dangerous yet this year.

I won't be surprised if the Brewers win the division.  I also won't be surprised if they finish 4th.

Post Your Comment
6/25/19 @ 8:15 AM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Also agree with Chitown that the Cardinals can’t be counted out at this point. Losing their closer Hicks will hurt. That being said I get the distinct feeling the division will come down to the Cubs vs Brewers head to head matchups. I don’t get too excited if the Cubs go up a game or 2 in the division or too down if the Brewers get up a couple game because I’m pretty sure the division won’t be decided until the Cubs and Brewers are done playing each other.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 49,566 Posts