SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
INITIAL POST
Crazyotto
User since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 53,495 posts
TODAY @ 8:33 AM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Kona what about  Sal Frelich at 1st? They were talking about trying him at third. In years past , didn’t Yelich play at 1st? Bauers is a superior fielder, and has shown flashes of power. He can strike out just as well as Hoskins…I hope they don’t trade any of the promising outfielders.
I agree with BD, that since little starting pitching available, point probably mute.If we get Koenig, Williams, et al back, then maybe can do starting by committee? 
Lots of options be available if bullpen is as stacked as it can be. 
TODAY @ 7:26 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Agree with BD on our Pitching situation. Also with the additional Wild card teams there are just so many more potential "buyers"..vs.. "Sellers" in MLB.. Just drives up the asking price for decent starting pitching.  Saw Devin Williams looked sharp in his Minor league outing yesterday and getting him and Koenig back will be huge additions (still also have guys like Hall, Ross going thru rehab).  I was surprised they let Keuchel go. While he was not dominating, he did give us some decent starts/innings. Will see how things shake out with the staff over the next 2-3 weeks.

GT-  Agree Hoskins has not been great but what do we have for options??  Bauers is OK but we don't have anyone else on the MLB roster and I don't think we have a 1B ready to move up in the Minors. Assume we will just ride out the year with Hoskins and hope his bat heats up downs the stretch. I see we did take a 1B high in the draft yesterday. Talk about this every spring but the Crew has not been able to draft/develop a 1B since Prince. Hope that changes.           
TODAY @ 7:17 AM
swamp people
swamp people
User since 5/14/12
Finally hit 55. Much needed break coming up. Its very difficult to be #1 for 3 months, but they are still well ahead.  What a great unexpected season our brewers are producing. 

Go brewer's 
7/14/24 @ 9:21 PM
BarDown
BarDown
User since 3/9/19
I have a hard time seeing the Brewers trade for any starter that moves the needle. For one thing, there's hardly anything worthwhile available. If there is, like Crochet from the White Sox, the asking price is astronomical, and out of the Brewers range. I'd look for them to bolster the bullpen, which is way more affordable, and continue to try to operate the way they have. Get four-five innings from a starter, and make it a bullpen game. A solid utility infielder that can hit would be nice as well. We saw how it affected the team when Ortiz was out. Monasterio and Capra aren't getting it done. ​
7/14/24 @ 8:17 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Z is a better option   
7/14/24 @ 5:18 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Great win. Good to see Adames get the gatoraide treatment. Also, finally see Mitchell smash one. 
With the Pitchers we have coming back, think we could be fine w/o a trade for Starters. 
Tobias, Freddie,(whose got to improve)Rea, and the assortment of newcomers just mite be enuff. 
If you have to trade someone- Hoskins gets my vote. Yes he’s had moments, but he’s had sssoo many failures with runners on base…
What’s the verdict Kona?
7/14/24 @ 4:20 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Really needed that one. Important win headed into the break. 
Yes, the Cards are charging, but this isn’t the Cards team from years ago with Wainwright, Carpenter, Freese, Molina, Albert P., Roland’, Edmonds etc..
If the Crew gets to 90 wins, I don’t think the Cards are going to be a problem. 
7/14/24 @ 12:52 PM
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
PRO MEMBER User since 2/15/23
Another tough loss, but what a good game to watch, what an ending. Birds catching up, thanks to those worthless cubs. When you need them to win, haha, that's baseball. ⚾️
7/13/24 @ 10:44 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
About as “tough”of a loss as I can remember this year. 
Up 5-0. At home. Against a sub .500 team. 2 game losing streak. Just before the break…Up  5-4 in the 9th. Blow the lead. Almost win on a 2R home run caught at the wall. Ugh! 
7/13/24 @ 6:23 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
What was that??? After the 1st they must of went for a beer. Man, what a waste of a great 1st inning. Best part of the game was watching Ortiz. 55 or bust! 
7/13/24 @ 4:04 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Agree! Very good start. Would be great to see Keuchel go 6 innings and get a W. He was a low- risk extremely smart pick up that’s working out rather well so far. 
7/13/24 @ 3:48 PM
hotbait
What a great first inning! They are playing like Lake Linkers would! We're did the starting pitcher go? MIA?   5 - 0. Go Crew Go!
7/13/24 @ 12:33 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Good comments all. Yup all star break coming at good time. Carpio that SS  an all star! My wife thought he was 12 as well! You may have noticed when he batted after his error he looked older…
Brewers just gotta win the next two. Need a little momentum!  Remember lads if anyone wouldv’e said we’d be lodged in first place at ASG, we’d have laughed at them. Enjoy!
7/13/24 @ 9:54 AM
gobbler
PRO MEMBER User since 6/30/01
Dreddie's been struggling all year. Agree hope the break helps him.
7/13/24 @ 9:22 AM
hotbait
Like the comments, FANS. Hope the Crew plays to win today. Didn't have any beer or whiskey till the 8th. Then it was time. After a hot day I was just glad they didn't waste the Gatorade.   Hope the pitchers bring the heat today. Hope Freddy gets some rest. He sure gave me some unrest. Play ball.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 53,495 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE