LOGIN
Lake-Link

Things You Don't See Everyday

11/9/17 @ 9:07 PM
ORIGNAL POST
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

New thread for stuff you don't see everyday.  

A supplier of ours from Japan sent us some Halloween Candy.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 16 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/3/18 @ 7:19 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

I got a good 1 for you guys. I just had an oil change and tires rotated on my work truck. I leave Dealership and get all the way to Ryan Rd and 60th St. Come to a stop at the light and a hubcap goes rolling out infront of me, straight as an arrow across the entire 6 lane intersection. I drive to the other side and pick it up. The awe look on my face must of been priceless. Was my driver rear one. I'm still lmao...??

The more I think about it that thing had to of popped off 50 ft before I stopped. Caught up and past me. Up the crown in the road all the way out of cross trafffic on the other side. You could not possibly roll that thing any straighter of a line than it was on. I wish I wasn't so awed and videoed it.

11/15/17 @ 10:35 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

It stayed on the truck.  It was just about touching the windshield and was stuck there until I was able to push it down enough the reach it from the front.  I had to pretty much stand on my driver's seat and hang out the door to get enough leverage on it.  The shop manager and I inspected the hood and verified there was no damage to the hinges.  It closed and latched just fine so the mechanic obviously just set the hood down.  The manager assured me that he'd take care of the problem, whatever that means.  I won't be going back any time soon so I'll never know.

11/15/17 @ 10:18 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Yeah, the bridge would be a bad place to have that happen.

Was there any damage because of that?  25 years ago or so some kids pulled the pins to the hood of a friend's El Camino (no hinges) and it flew off and was banged up pretty good. I'm guessing yours stayed attached at least lol. 

11/14/17 @ 10:11 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Agreed.  This will be one for the books.  

Looking back, I can't believe how fast that hood flew up.  I wasn't even to 40 mph when it happened.  I was headed for I43 over the Frigo Bridge in GB when it happened.  Thank God it didn't happen there.

11/14/17 @ 10:02 PM
fishhook
fishhook
User since 9/16/01

Sorry BT,

way too funny(your poking wife/video)

glad nothing bad happened.

lol

11/14/17 @ 9:54 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

More like this.  My wife won't stop laughing and keeps singing the Karen Carpenter song.

Baby, baby, baby baby!

11/14/17 @ 9:36 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

BEES!

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
11/14/17 @ 9:34 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Wow!  I bet that would be crazy BT! 

Did you jump out of the truck, run around in circles with your hands in the air screaming "BEES"

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
11/14/17 @ 7:01 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

So the place I normally take my truck for routine work like oil changes is booked solid all week with people getting last-minute repairs on their vehicles before deer season and Thanksgiving.  My passenger-front tire sprung a slow leak a few days ago so I had to take it somewhere else today to get it repaired.  It was an experience to say the least.  I won't bore you all with the specifics other than the ending when I pulled onto a busy street, accelerated and had my hood fly up in my face (they were under the hood to perform a free inspection/diagnostic check to tell me everything that they could fix for me).  Yup, just like in Tommy Boy.  But let me tell you that it ain't nearly as funny when it actually happens.  I just finished my second Old Fashioned (on a school night) to calm down.  I might have to call the shop manager and apologize for my behavior when I returned to the garage to let them know about it.

11/14/17 @ 4:20 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I've seen "sales" like that at the grocery store. One time, I saved a whopping $0.01 on a gallon of milk!

I'd honestly like to talk to a manager to find out why they even bother. Printing those signs/tags probably cost more than a penny lol.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 16 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.