SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

The complimentary, non-gripe site

12/30/04 @ 10:12 AM
INITIAL POST
The Cooler
User since 1/21/04
Hey all. I decided to try a little experiment. It seems that the gripe site just keeps chugging along. Someone on there nearly every day. I thought I would try to have a thread where we could talk about the positives in our fishing, lives whatever. Things we are greatful for, things we like instead of dislike...Happy things instead of what irritates us all. I have my doubts that this will last as long as the gripe site but I am hoping it will stick around for awhile and hopefully wash away some of the negative vibe running through the threads at the moment.
Displaying 41 to 50 of 3,390 posts
9/22/23 @ 3:25 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
If a life preserver is required for inflatable rafts and kayaks which also have multiple air chambers, it’s not out of the question that they would be required for a float tube.
9/22/23 @ 3:15 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Well if they make laws regarding lifejkts in 20 foot boats why not in a 4 foot tube? Lucky you didnt get a citation.
9/22/23 @ 2:58 PM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
Glimmer, 
I think if West got a ticket,his last post would have been a Gripe.
Unless he likes getting tagged. 
9/22/23 @ 2:20 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
And did ya get a ticket?
9/22/23 @ 1:53 PM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
West,
The big question, did you catch any fish?
9/22/23 @ 1:49 PM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16
I was fishing in a small Lake in my area with a float tube which had three separate pieces that you put air into it.
I was about in the middle of the lake and I looked over I see the brown pickup truck. I thought right away that was a warden, so I took my time and about 40 minutes later I made it to shore. He comes up to me and says where's your life jacket. I thought he was crazy there were three separate places that hold air it's safer than a freaking life jacket. He sat there for at least 60 minutes till I got there to tell me that. When I got home I looked it up and I said I could not believe that they actually have that written in  that you need to wear a life jacket when you're in a float tube give me a break!
9/22/23 @ 9:38 AM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
T.O.T. Happy to hear that all systems back to “Go” (albeit a real slow go”). 
Tough to go through this time of year not hunting or fishing-but you will be able to in 2024, and who knows, maybe even catch some ice angling. 
Not to preach, but also good time to score points with wife by doing what she wants to do. 
Had a major hand/wrist issue many years ago. All winter into spring left hand useless, took wife all over creation and made points she still talks about… of course you could also just order up the complete NFL package and dissect football like never before haha… 
We are all glad you are improving!!!
9/22/23 @ 7:21 AM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
I emailed the DNR yesterday morning inquiring about when they will cut the trails in the public land by my home.  They got back to me within 3 hours saying it's scheduled for next week.  

Between the wardens and the department I've never had a bad experience.  Very well run and responsive. 
9/21/23 @ 7:58 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
TOT - no flexing that bicep for 6 weeks! I'm all for pushing protocols but with that bicep tenodesis you want to let that anchor take hold before pulling on it! ​Do your PT, it'll be painful at ​first but it gets better! Good luck!

9/20/23 @ 8:15 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
T - trout, that's super. Hope the rest of the journey goes as well. Will it take the whole NFL season to heal?  Get well.
Displaying 41 to 50 of 3,390 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE