MORE
General Discussion

Tell Me About Your Dog(s)

3/10/19 @ 9:33 AM
INITIAL POST
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

Lot of dog owners out there. The 1 less dog thread is touching but rough. Sad to see so many beautiful dogs pass. Thought talking about our pooches while they’re still with us would be fun. 

I inherit rescues because my mother in law and sister in law both work for an animal hospital. 

Pic 1 is Reggie. Reggie was found wandering Great Lakes Naval Base in 2002! That makes our Reggie 19! He still goes up stairs and will steal food if left unattended. Reggie has never bitten anyone in his 19 years and has welcomed many rescues in his home without conflict. He is awesome.

pic 2 is Patty. Patty was rescued from a kill shelter in 2005. She is 15 and still will kill any small animal unfortunate enough to cross her path in the yard. Patty never left my side while I battled cancer years ago. She laid next to me in bed for 6 months. Can’t beat that loyalty.

Fran is a troublemaker and the boss of the sauce. She is a purebred Teacup Poodle. She was brought in near death from malnourishment. She weighed less than 1 pound. We nursed her back to health and she now weighs a whopping 3 pounds. Fran and Patti are inseparable.

We rescue older dogs so we have lost several. As tough as it is I am satisfied we made their lives better in the end. There is no doubt all the dogs we have rescued has made our lives much better. 

All of our dogs were named by the time we got them and no I did not put the dress on Fran. My wife likes to play dress up- more power to her.

Tell Me About Your Dog(s) photo by chaw
Displaying 61 to 75 of 344 posts
6/2/23 @ 10:18 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
My dog immediately lays down if I tell her too. But, If it’s outside in real life, she’s a little different. This is after an inside command.
Tell Me About Your Dog(s) photo by Snake1
6/2/23 @ 5:52 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Took the big fella swimming today at our local lake, he'd go until he'd drop if I let him. The water was still cool.

Tell Me About Your Dog(s) photo by Pool8
Tell Me About Your Dog(s) photo by Pool8
5/20/23 @ 7:29 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
It’s funny you should mention about an Egyptian breed. There is an Egyptian breed called a “Pharaoh Hound” (pictured below) that looks very similar to her, but are brown in color. That could be part of the mix.
Her name is Spooky. She was afraid of everything when we first got her and still shy’s away from people. She loves other dogs and plays all the time with my son’s Shepherd mix and the dog next door.
Tell Me About Your Dog(s) photo by Zmaniac
5/20/23 @ 7:23 PM
Tarheel23
PRO MEMBER User since 9/28/20
Pair of doberman girls, Reagan, and Jordan, different moms same father, same breeder, inseparable,  and the most affectionate dogs we ever had
Tell Me About Your Dog(s) photo by Tarheel23
Tell Me About Your Dog(s) photo by Tarheel23
5/20/23 @ 7:18 PM
Snake1
Snake1
The Snout also looks like an Egyptian breed? Lorretta is also 39/40 lbs. Our dog was probably a Runt, because breed criteria for female is 40 to 65 lbs. Whats the name Z?Dont know of u already said it?
5/20/23 @ 7:11 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
We thought the same thing Brent. She’s only about 38# and hasn’t grown much in the year and a half we’ve had her. Her ears are about 4”+ tall and she hears even the slightest bit of noise. She’s a goofball and loves to tear around the yard 
5/20/23 @ 6:54 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Looks like a bit of Doberman Z!

They are awesome watch dogs!!!  Could just be the pic, but looks like a bit of Doberman to me. 
5/20/23 @ 6:36 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
We really don’t know. We rescued her when she was about six months old. She moves and jumps like a cat. She can jump about 5’ straight up standing still. 
5/20/23 @ 6:32 PM
Snake1
Snake1
What breed is that Z? ?
Loretta Lynn on “Aqua Pearl” Bow Watch Duty. She’s got incredible eyesight. 

5/20/23 @ 6:32 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Mine does Snake. She grips things just like Lorretta does. 

Those are all great pictures!
5/20/23 @ 6:28 PM
Snake1
Snake1
Loretta has thumbs! Does ur dog? 
Mama and Lorretta. 
5/20/23 @ 9:46 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
You got that right Chaw!
One minute she’s dead to the world, but all it takes is a little sound and she pops up ready for anything 
5/20/23 @ 9:30 AM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02
So innocent. So peaceful. Then he wakes up and all heck breaks loose. 
Tell Me About Your Dog(s) photo by chaw
5/3/23 @ 4:36 AM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Its Linkin (the doodle) 5th bday, Rosie had to share in fun 
Linkin has a prosthesis back leg! He belongs to my Daughters BFF who did a “go fund me” when they had to remove back leg. 
Cute pics of him made $3200 roll in and within a very short time operation was funded….
At the time I was dismayed, felt that those donations better off serving the hungry, homeless, tornado victims whatever. But then I realized that people who made the $ should spend it as they choose- and you would never know he had a fake leg as playful and fun he is.
Tell Me About Your Dog(s) photo by glimmertwin
4/24/23 @ 5:31 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16
Lucy and my first cat Herman getting along well together. Lucy and Herman got along a lot better than he does with Merlin.
Tell Me About Your Dog(s) photo by westfieldW
Displaying 61 to 75 of 344 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE