MORE
General Discussion

Tell Me About Your Dog(s)

3/10/19 @ 9:33 AM
INITIAL POST
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

Lot of dog owners out there. The 1 less dog thread is touching but rough. Sad to see so many beautiful dogs pass. Thought talking about our pooches while they’re still with us would be fun. 

I inherit rescues because my mother in law and sister in law both work for an animal hospital. 

Pic 1 is Reggie. Reggie was found wandering Great Lakes Naval Base in 2002! That makes our Reggie 19! He still goes up stairs and will steal food if left unattended. Reggie has never bitten anyone in his 19 years and has welcomed many rescues in his home without conflict. He is awesome.

pic 2 is Patty. Patty was rescued from a kill shelter in 2005. She is 15 and still will kill any small animal unfortunate enough to cross her path in the yard. Patty never left my side while I battled cancer years ago. She laid next to me in bed for 6 months. Can’t beat that loyalty.

Fran is a troublemaker and the boss of the sauce. She is a purebred Teacup Poodle. She was brought in near death from malnourishment. She weighed less than 1 pound. We nursed her back to health and she now weighs a whopping 3 pounds. Fran and Patti are inseparable.

We rescue older dogs so we have lost several. As tough as it is I am satisfied we made their lives better in the end. There is no doubt all the dogs we have rescued has made our lives much better. 

All of our dogs were named by the time we got them and no I did not put the dress on Fran. My wife likes to play dress up- more power to her.

Tell Me About Your Dog(s) photo by chaw
Displaying 1 to 15 of 344 posts
4/3/24 @ 10:24 AM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
This is Hank.
This is Hank carrying one of the things he finds in the house throughout the day.  
This is Hanks bed, we should've named him Fred.
Tell Me About Your Dog(s) photo by Pool8
3/15/24 @ 8:42 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Yep....
Tell Me About Your Dog(s) photo by Polski
2/21/24 @ 8:10 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16
topam that dog knows he won the lottery.Does kinda make your eyes watery.
2/21/24 @ 6:09 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
We just got the Halo a few months ago. Tough time to get a real read on how well it works with our dog not spending much time outside on his own. The wife was in charge of setting it up and on a couple occasions he walked right over to the neighbors to say hi without even a wince. Turns out she never enabled the actual shock part, only the warning lol. Once we're all outside more it'll become better known if it works well or not as he hasn't really been tested since we turned the shock part on. But at the very least you can see where they are on the app. Downside I've noticed is shorter battery life. Needs to be charged nightly. Up side is you can have multiple configurations, which is nice if you travel somewhere (e.g., camping). 
2/21/24 @ 5:31 PM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Dogs they just make you cry, look at this one going home after being ​​adopted​​​
2/21/24 @ 11:16 AM
Lundy66
User since 9/9/19
Hello-quick question for all the dog lovers on here.  Have any of you used the GPS containment systems such as Halo or Spot-On?  Just looking for some feedback whether they work well or not.  I have 3 acres which about half is wooded and my dog stays pretty close by, but if we get leave him for a while he will start wandering around.  Just want to keep him safe from the busy roads nearby.
2/21/24 @ 7:14 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Chi honestly what a great thought and if something comes to fruition I think it will make you one happy SOB!!!  I have pretty much grown up with dogs at most points in my life and honestly I think when I didnt have one around I was one unhappy guy.  Be careful if you find the right one you never know how much it will change your perspective and the next thing he / she might be sleeping in your bed!!

Go luck on your journey 
2/21/24 @ 2:43 AM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Kona I just might do that. I sure could use some cheering up and these young scoundrals just might be the ticket at least for awhile.
2/20/24 @ 6:47 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Chitown-   You may want to try a Humane Society shelter in your area. I volunteer and walk dogs at the local Humane Society and it is very rewarding for me. They also have some folks who are limited physically but they will come in and take dogs into small rooms to play with/and socialize with them. Very good program for puppies and senior dogs who might be limited in their mobility. No better way to start your day than playing with some puppies   Best of luck finding a shelter that fits your needs. 
2/20/24 @ 6:08 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Thinking about going to a local shelter to look at some dogs. i love goldens and yellow labs,problem is i'm not at home to see thaty they are taken care of.. Is there any organization where i can visit local shelters and become friends with these amazing animals on a part -time basis. It would help me out mentally and i could become friends . Just asking?:
2/20/24 @ 5:52 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
I came across this meme and thought it might get a smile here....
Tell Me About Your Dog(s) photo by Polski
1/13/24 @ 6:25 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Same here Steelhead,  this is Hanks first big snow.  He loves it.
1/13/24 @ 4:07 PM
Steelhead88
User since 4/13/22
He sure is net with 3 legs . The deeper the snow the better .   
Tell Me About Your Dog(s) photo by Steelhead88
1/12/24 @ 4:55 PM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13
Nice pup steelhead…. Looks like a go getter!!
1/12/24 @ 4:42 PM
Steelhead88
User since 4/13/22
Pup enjoys the snow   
Displaying 1 to 15 of 344 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE