LOGIN
Lake-Link

Stolen items

10/8/17 @ 1:51 PM
ORIGNAL POST
luder
luder
User since 5/12/02

I know it is a long shot but thought I would throw it out there. Someone walked into my house and helped themselves to a few things. Two of my grandpas guns a winchester model 94 30-30,  Single shot 16 gauge. Also took a marlin 54cal muzzleloader. A couple bows, mission x3 or x4 and a renegade tomcat. A laptop and ipad are missing also. Sure could use a im if anyone sees these items for sale. feeling pretty violated damn thieves.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/8/17 @ 8:33 PM
BUD E LEE
BUD E LEE
User since 5/19/10

I dont know what kind of area your in but go to as many neighbors as you can and ask if they have any video of that day and time..There is a chance yours wasnt the only house that they went to or someone may have video of a car or truck that should not be there.They didnt walk off with all of that.. We have a neighbor at the other end of the block that must have 8 cameras on her building and a couple of low life tried the im your gas man and there is a leak i need to check your basement right now to one of the older widow neighbors. While she opened the basement D-Bag #2 went in her place and took cash and some rings..Well guess who had both of them on video...Its worth your time if it applies in your case..There are alot of cameras out there.  Good Luck

10/8/17 @ 5:29 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Yes, documenting everything, especially serial #'s on guns and locking your doors helps.

Tim 

10/8/17 @ 5:18 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

It sucks that you can't trust your fellow man.  I stopped trusting most people before I finished high school and it's served me well in life.  It ain't Little House on the Prairie or The Waltons anymore.

10/8/17 @ 5:07 PM
luder
luder
User since 5/12/02

Thank you for the input. Has to be somewhat local...I now lock the house and wish i at least had a trail cam set up.security cams on the way and I only work a half a mile away. My lab had to be at doggy daycare as the bark is bigger than the bite,but you wouldnt walk in, Takes alot of nerve to walk in somebodies house. could of used a rude awakening,,,if you know what I mean. I have been checking craigslist etc...frustrated....the dells area is getting to big.....

10/8/17 @ 4:06 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I'm very sorry to hear of your misfortune.  My uncle had an incredible gun collection when I was a kid.  The crown jewel was a Colt Peacemaker.  The serial number was something like 000008 indicating that it was manufactured in the first year of production (1873).  One day, burglars figured out a way to get past his security system and all ~200 of his guns were stolen.  He had them all documented by serial number and has recovered around two thirds of them over the years.  But the Peacemaker is still at large.  So there is hope if you had the serial numbers documented.

I pray that my house is never compromised but if it ever happens, I hope I'm home.  Wisconsin has a nifty little law called the Castle Doctrine and I'm not afraid of exercising my rights afforded to me under that law.

Best of luck to you.

10/8/17 @ 4:01 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Luder check your local pawn shops or big garage sales or any place that may sell items like this. It may  be worth your while to make a police report especially if you have any type of serial#s or any other type of identification marks on your items that would identify you as the rightful owner. even a local tavern that may be notorious for underhanded activities.

10/8/17 @ 3:58 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Luder, 

Check Craigslist for the electronics and archery equipment, and check Armslist for the firearms.  

Many times the bums post the stuff they stole on-line in short order. 

Also, if you don't see your items check back frequently, you never know if (or when) they may show up.  You can also try to google the make and model of your firearms, as there are a number of on-line sites they could potentially wind up on.   

Best wishes on getting your items back.  

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
10/8/17 @ 3:15 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

What part of State do you live in ?Have relation in Appleton,Waukesha,Watertown,and Milwaukee!Will pass on info hope you get the low lives!

10/8/17 @ 3:05 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I can empathize with you. When I was younger our house was burglarized. The police where able to locate the theives in pretty short order. Never did get my grandfathers pocket watch back.. that meant a great deal to me. Sorry that happened.. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.