MORE
General Discussion

PIZZA!!

1/1/12 @ 8:16 PM
INITIAL POST
rpole
rpole
User since 6/18/01
There used to be a pizza thread but I can't find it. Obviously this can (and should) be for anyone to post their favorite pizza places. But I'm looking for input/opinions on the best pizza around O'hare. We'll be at the Westin for a softball coaches clinic this Fri-Sat and looking for recommendations. I know prop and some others had posted on the other pizza thread. any input welcome....thanks! for me, Marco's on 27th and College is one of my favorites. my all time favorite was Dino's on Howell just north of the airport but they closed down a couple years ago, not sure why?
Displaying 1 to 15 of 518 posts
2/28/24 @ 9:37 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
There is a pizza made in Wautoma and distributed to taverns and some stores in the state.
Joe‘s Pizza’s. 
2/28/24 @ 9:15 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Glimmer I called my mom on her birthday this week and she isnt aware of any family relationship despite the geographic proximity. At 85 years ma never took a shine to my dry humor and when I mentioned a potential inheritance she says "oh really? You think so? "  LOL
2/17/24 @ 10:40 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
You should find out RC. If you are maybe pot at end of rainbow for ya someday. Kraft bought them out, and still has monopoly on virtually any frozen pizza. Many people employed at that pizza plant in Medford and ​they are crying for more workers. Starts at like $20 an hour.

2/17/24 @ 7:10 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Tombstone Pizza

Pep Simek

Ron Simek

My Great Great Grandfathers name was Simek with family in Price County about 40 miles north of Medford going back over 100 years.  Cant say if we are any relation though. 
2/17/24 @ 8:24 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Glimmertwin would agree had a relative that ​was "friends" with Pep and said he was a ​pretty decent guy that really ​gave back to the community.  ​He always ask the family to support Tombstone Pizza, I personally never a friend but would occasionally buy one for that reason

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pep_Simek
2/16/24 @ 11:33 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
RC be advised, the man you are referring to known as “Pep” in Medford. He is an absolute legend in that town, built the Taylor county fair grounds, another building used as hockey rink, round ball cts. ( probably pickle ball now) not sure what else. But he gave back in a huge way. 
Supported schools, any cause that would benefit the most people. 
I never lived in Medford but worked five years there. You won’t find a soul that has a bad word for him. 
2/16/24 @ 6:42 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Tombstone = Cardboard
I once did a little reading on Tombstone pizza founded by a tavern owner in Medford.  His invention was a smashing success even before he sold out. Then he sold the pizza rights to a corporation ( i forget which one)  made him fabulously wealthy, moved to Nevada and bought a ranch and got involved in several business'.  Went from small town tavern owner to tycoon.
2/16/24 @ 6:37 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11
Basically it is a situation...if you like it ..it's great. A matter of opinion
That's why I've said "there is no bad pizza"...
Think about it...
2/16/24 @ 6:09 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Tombstone getting no love?!
2/16/24 @ 1:22 PM
Mafia
User since 1/12/14
As far as frozen Faye’s in Sheboygan and Port Sandy Bay in Two Rivers.  Both have great pizzas in their restaurants as well.   
2/16/24 @ 11:19 AM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
Bought a frozen pizza at the Corner Pump at the intersection of 82 & 13 between Mauston and Oxford. Was the best frozen pizza I have ever had hands down. They have a few different brands; some I believe are local. I kept the sticker off it but somehow lost it. Stopped on my way through the last time I was by there and they were out, or I just don't have any recollection of what it was. We like to buy homerun cheese pizzas and cook them for few minutes then put our own toppings on them. There crust is the best. I just don't care for their sausage anymore. They changed it.
2/16/24 @ 6:22 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
My wife has been on a low carb diet for the past year and half. That being said, we tried the cauliflower crust pizza's from Costco and love them. (2 for under 14.00)  I never feel guilty finishing the whole pizza. The key is to bake it long enough to achieve a crispy crust throughout.
2/16/24 @ 12:43 AM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
User since 11/19/09
Pizza. The one you like best may be the one I can't stand.  So many choices. I like Grazies. 
2/15/24 @ 3:47 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
I learned a long time ago that having pizza delivered is the worst way to get any pizza. They aren’t even close to the same quality as having it out of their kitchen or even picking it up yourself. That goes for any pizza, thick or thin.

Percheye…Lotsa Motsa are great frozen pizzas, but their cooking instructions leave a lot to be desired. I learned that cooking them at 425° produces a crispier crust throughout
2/15/24 @ 3:11 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
I've never been more disappointed in a deep dish pizza than I was with Lou Malnatti's.  Yuck.  My wife described it as pizza vomit.
And never more delighted in a thin crust pizza.

The issue with them that I've had is delivery.  They are the only place that carries pizzas like books under their arms.

So I've now gone to order the thin crust pizza par baked, then I finish it at home...after I pick it up.
And it is wonderful.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 518 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE