SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

PAINTERMAN

9/15/14 @ 9:17 AM
INITIAL POST
pop67
User since 9/15/14
With deep Regret Im bringing you the SAD news of Chucks Death.Im his uncle.He died in a Bad car accident in his new home in the Mountains in Missori.His funeral will be in Milw area. Most likly West Allis.Watch JS.COM FOR Keith or Charles Rodhes.What a terrible year.It started with our 7th lab JOJO Wife found her gone in bed at only 3 years old.FIVE weeks later I found my Highschool Sweetheart and Beautiful wife of 48 years gone to Heavan.in bed the morning of June 6,2014.After that it hasnt stopped.Gary
Displaying 11 to 20 of 44 posts
9/18/14 @ 3:17 PM
alterego
alterego
User since 4/10/03
Very good description of Chuck, Unreel! Both those fine gentleman (Paint and GF) had hearts of gold! My favorite story of Paint is when we were on Josh's wolf river raft years ago. Paint decided to take the "grass route" to the other raft to get a cane pole that was thumping and while in mid sprint, took a digger. Although he disappeared from view in the grass for a brief moment, he sprung back to his feet faster than what I thought was humanly possible! I'll never forget hearing Charlie's (Bakers Dozen) laugh at the unintentional show Paint was putting on for us. For the rest of the weekend, we referred to Chuck as the "Wolf River Gazelle". RIP Chuck!
9/18/14 @ 2:02 AM
9/17/14 @ 11:35 PM
pop67
User since 9/15/14
Story on HOUSTON HEARLD.COM/CLICK TO SEPT 13,POP
9/17/14 @ 10:57 PM
Unreel
Unreel
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
The first time I ever met Chuck he had an old van that was set up as a 'tuber' for bago ice fishing. He took it to Minnesota too and had the ice house stickers in the window to make it a legal fish house in that state. He had a heart of gold. Big ole hairy, burly guy who would write his own poetry, cry out loud, come up to you with a big hug. Gonna miss you pal! I used to meet up with Chuck and Gone Fishin' Joe, who passed away a couple years back (miss ya Joe!) at the Butler Inn for Friday fishfry with turtle soup. It is hard for me to fathom the fact that both are gone now. Pic is from one of the 'smelting' outings (we never caught any smelt that I can remember, mostly grilling and commiserating). RIP Paint.
9/17/14 @ 12:58 PM
pop67
User since 9/15/14
Chucks Obit is on JS.COM.Funeral visiting is from 4 to 6,on THURSDAY.SHAFFS Funeral home West Allis
9/16/14 @ 5:19 PM
Hurricane
Hurricane
PRO MEMBER User since 6/16/01
Buckrub....VERY nice post. Sincere condolences on the loss of your Moother and Uncle.
9/16/14 @ 5:03 PM
buckrub78
User since 9/16/14
To my father pop I love you and you have been through a lot, we will all miss mom..To my cousin painter man I love you always may heaven have plenty of fish and monster bucks for you...Do me a favor play a good hand of sheepshead with mom when your up there....
9/16/14 @ 3:53 PM
swamp_runner
swamp_runner
User since 1/5/02
Got the call this afternoon. Still cannot believe it sad day for lake link. Chuck was an interesting character. Many stories from the old lake link and his beliefs and ability to bring a smile to everyone. He will be missed. Pop glad to see you are still about. Your nephew always spoke highly. Of you.
9/16/14 @ 3:11 PM
alterego
alterego
User since 4/10/03
What terrible news. Paint was definitely one of the good guys. A genuine person that could bring a smile to anyone's face. He will be greatly missed by many. RIP Paint.
9/16/14 @ 2:45 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Pop - If you aren't already please get some help to process your grief. You have been through a lot for one man to deal with. I hope you can find someone to talk to to help you through these tough times.
Displaying 11 to 20 of 44 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE