LOGIN
Lake-Link

.o8% to .o5%

3/26/17 @ 2:10 PM
ORIGNAL POST
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

Wait until all new vehicles have a breath ignition lock in order to start them. Wouldn't be surprised to see it in next 20 years. I expect legal limit to go to .06 in Wis in next 5-10  years.  Same people complaining about losing tourism were probably saying same thing about indoor smoking bans, and I dont think it had any negative effect on $$. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 62 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/3/17 @ 8:29 PM
lildipper
lildipper
User since 8/17/16

So if you drank 5 beers you would not be legal to drive untill 14 hours later...

4/3/17 @ 8:28 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

Wish I could say that .05 will never happen. Though sure my parents generations probably would of bet they would never ban smoking in bars. Comparing the smoking ban to .05 is no comparison and is completely irresponsible for any bar owner. Every rural bar might as well lock up their doors. Or small town tavern without any sort of taxi service.  Restaurants would fall in the same. Why do you think some supper clubs don't take reservations? Money is made at the bar not the food.

Let's come up with a cell phone jam on vehicles so people can't text vs worrying about .03 points. I had to slam on the brakes and slide 10 feet going 60 mph today coming around a corner cause some guy in a raised truck crossed way over into my lane. Thought for sure he would of over corrected and went into the ditch.

Sad to say but I'd rather ride with someone .18 vs someone texting.

4/3/17 @ 7:56 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

BAC Link

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
4/3/17 @ 7:55 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

I find the .08 to point .05 silly.  I weigh 160 pounds, so anything over 1 beer in an hour would put me legally intoxicated. 

I'm not one to drink irresponsibly and drive, but I do enjoy having a few beers while out in the boat fishing.  The current limit of .08 allows me 2 beers per hours.  If it is lowered to .05, I guess I can pack my cooler with one beer in it. 

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
4/3/17 @ 7:13 PM
lildipper
lildipper
User since 8/17/16

No trolling, I wouldn't say a money grab. More like a time grab. 1st offense offenders usually are involved with crashes. Multiple offenders usually wrong place wrong time. 

4/3/17 @ 6:24 PM
amaranthlost
User since 5/31/10
I'm not sure if you are trolling or legitimately believe it is just a money grab. At one point, .15 was legal and now that is almost twice the legal limit. At .15 you definitely feel it. That is 7 drinks in an hour for a 180lb man. A .05 BAC is 2-3 beers and I've seen people definitely "tipsy" off of that.

4/3/17 @ 6:10 PM
lildipper
lildipper
User since 8/17/16

Exactly, and if the limit is .05%. You are way to drunk to drive. I don't drink, but people gotta know this...the jails and prisons need fresh fish...

4/3/17 @ 6:00 PM
amaranthlost
User since 5/31/10

It doesn't matter if the BAC is rising or falling. Over the limit is still over the limit, it's fairly simple. If the roadside PBT shows you over, you are over. The police station's Intoxilizer is much more precise and has a specific protocal but that is due to WI's requirements, most other states accept the PBT as the "official" reading. If they haul you in for an "official" test in WI after a PBT, you deserve it and were driving drunk.

4/3/17 @ 5:46 PM
lildipper
lildipper
User since 8/17/16

Exactly, by not having a third test, the state makes time and money off a plea bargain. Because a third test would prove if a person's metabolism is rising or falling. And when the barometric pressure is rising or falling fish bite best. Especially when the wind is blowing from the east....

4/3/17 @ 5:31 PM
amaranthlost
User since 5/31/10

If you take a single shot, wait half an hour, leave and take a blood test the result will not be the same as if you take a shot and then leave and do a blood test because of how the body itself metabolizes alcohol. The body metabolizes alcohol at between .010-.02 per hour depending on various factors. Reeldrag is right about the mandatory test at the hospital (blood, urine) or police station (breath). A second (in actuality, third) test does nothing but cost the state time and money.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 62 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.