Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

New Furnace

9/21/14 @ 10:34 AM
ORIGNAL POST
musky2day
User since 8/25/11
I need to replace my furnace before winter, any ideas on what brands are the most reliable. What is the average cost to replace a natural gas furnace including labor.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 16 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/25/16 @ 9:30 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Getting  the estimate  tomorrow.  Have to wait and see .

10/25/16 @ 6:20 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Lennox, Rheem, and Carrier are all decent units. 

I am biased to one of them though!

Is there any difference in pricing between the 3?  I'm guessing there is - and that is the one to pick. 

Also, if you like the Carrier, you can likely get better pricing on a Payne which is a Carrier with a different sticker. 

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
10/25/16 @ 6:10 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

I spoke with the estimator  by phone , and he seemed  to like (suggest ) Lennox .

10/25/16 @ 9:32 AM
fltlndr
User since 12/25/02

I've had real good luck with lennox but plmlk could probably give you a better opinion.

Osok go back 7 posts and read that one.

10/25/16 @ 8:03 AM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Lennox , Rheem or Carrier ?  These are the choices offered by installer  .

10/10/16 @ 10:40 PM
stool bus
User since 4/30/14

the first thing to find is a reliable company. i have installed trane, ruud, rheem, and carrier. they are only as good as the company that installed it. techs are sent to school to service and install their specific brands. also pay attention to what thermostat they are quoting you. some of them are extremely pricey. some are figuring a touch screen t stat with a diagnostic history while others are quoting a standard $40 one. some figure a 1" filter rack and the next might have a 4" filter. keep it apples to apples but get what suits your needs. and as said before, make sure its the right btu for your home.

10/10/16 @ 8:25 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I replaced an old Heil in the spring.  It was probably 30 years old.  It was too big for the house and we went a little smaller in size and we chose Lennox.  Didn't get the variable speed, but got the one just below it.  Thing is ultra quiet and our heating bills went down immediately.

We used Thielmann to do the work and they were quite good.  Punctual, clean and the salesman worked with us to find the best furnace/ac combo with all the rebates out there.  We got a little larger AC unit and that thing cools nicely.

We've been very happy with the purchases.  Furnace and AC together were around $6,000 after rebate and we will be getting our energy credit rebate on the taxes this year.  Total should be around $5,500.

10/7/16 @ 10:17 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Madgill, open a basement window and if you cant do that then crack open a window somewhere.  Houses tend to be pressure negative (outflow is greater than inflow) so you may be forcing air from somewhere you dont want.

10/7/16 @ 9:04 PM
Madgill
Madgill
MEMBER since 12/26/01

Now this old timer finally went for it! A new Carrier 59 furnace in the house! The Harker guys did a great job with the install! I replaced the old 40 year old, but reliable Air Ease furnace, the old beast is outta here! The new furnace runs constantly and it's pulling up some funky air from the basement, but will do some cleaning down there, been running the dehumidifier, hope it gets better soon! Any tips to make it better or do I just wait for the air to clear up?

9/21/14 @ 7:57 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
MEMBER since 2/12/02
Replaced our boiler system last summer. Went with a Carrier. I got 4 different quotes. Prices varied widely. I informed each installer that I was getting other quotes........asked for apples to apples furnace style. Once I had the quotes I was shocked to see how price varied. It ranged from 3500 to 7500 installed. I thoroughly checked out installers and reputations. As unlikely as I thought it might be, the least expensive was also the one that I felt had the best feedback. That doesn't happen often. My install went smoothly and the installer addressed a few issues not included in the original quote at no extra charge. System functioned flawlessly last winter. Fired it up to test it on a cold morning a few days ago........no problems. IM me for company name if you would like.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 16 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.