Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

National Hockey League

9/29/06 @ 2:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Trox
USER SINCE 3/30/06
Anyone following the NHL. I think Nashville has what it takes to go a long way.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 552 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

6/30/22 @ 12:28 PM
BUD E LEE
BUD E LEE
USER SINCE 5/19/10

‘I couldn’t believe it’: Stanley Cup delivered to wrong house

DENVER (KDVR) — A Denver couple got the surprise of a lifetime when the Stanley Cup was mistakenly delivered to their doorstep. 

Kit Karbler and his husband were at their home Tuesday when they noticed a vehicle stopped outside their house. 

“It looks like a contractor or something,” Karbler told Nexstar’s KDVR. “I didn’t know. And a fella comes to the door. He’s got long, kind of gray hair, parted and he’s very friendly … And he comes right in and they’re looking, the truck is backed up and they’re looking to bring in the trophy.”

They were looking to deliver the Stanley Cup trophy, that is.  

“He opened it up all the way, said go ahead. I lifted it up. I couldn’t believe how heavy it was. I ran my fingers over the engraving,” Karbler said. 

The one thing he did not do was take a bunch of pictures. 

“It happened so fast and they were so nice. I could have taken lots more photos and maybe one with the dog and the Cup. One with me. But I wasn’t thinking that way,” Karbler said. 

Because, after all, the special delivery was not meant for him. 

Apparently, Colorado Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog’s residence has a similar-looking address. 

“I couldn’t believe it! All my thoughts were wide open because how could that be? Because I knew that we had Avalanche players that lived in the neighborhood but I didn’t know how close,” Karbler said. 

KDVR interviewed the Hockey Hall of Fame’s Keeper of the Cup, Philip Pritchard, Wednesday morning and he confirmed the mix-up.

“We stopped there, we couldn’t really see the number of the house, so I said we’ll just go up and knock, what’s the worst thing, they say, ‘Hi, who are you guys?’ Sure enough, I knock, ‘Hi who are you guys?’” Pritchard said

“They were looking for Landeskog,” he said. 

6/27/22 @ 7:27 PM
BarDown
USER SINCE 3/9/19

Which makes it the only one that really matters. A dent just adds to its character. The stories that Cup could tell. I may or may not have had a gulp of beer out of that Cup once upon a time…  

6/27/22 @ 6:07 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER SINCE 2/8/06

That’s correct fishfillet. There are 3 Stanley Cup trophies. That one was the presentation cup. It’s also the one they use for each players “day with the cup”.

6/27/22 @ 5:13 PM
fishfillet
USER SINCE 1/8/13

Its not the real cup anyway.  They can't touch the real one I'm pretty sure.

6/27/22 @ 9:23 AM
BUD E LEE
BUD E LEE
USER SINCE 5/19/10

‘I guess it’s a new record’: Avs dent Stanley Cup minutes after winning

TAMPA, Fla. (KDVR) — With all the excitement for the Colorado Avalanche of taking home their third Stanley Cup, the trophy may have taken a beating during the celebration.

Within minutes, the Stanley Cup now has a dent.

“I don’t even know if they had it five minutes and there’s a dent in the bottom already. Right in the middle of the team photo,” said The Hockey Hall of Fame’s Keeper of the Cup, Philip Pritchard. “I guess it’s a new record today. Five minutes into the presentation it’s happened. It’s the first time it’s ever happened on the ice.”

6/27/22 @ 9:04 AM
hockeyguy39
USER SINCE 8/24/07

To show how closely I was watching the playoffs this year, I turned my TV to ABC last night to catch the local news and had a major GDI moment when I saw the Cup about to be handed to Landeskog. I had practice for my softball team last night and completely forgot about the game. First time in I'll bet over 25 years that I didn't watch the Cup clinching game. Sad....and yet, I didn't die lol

6/27/22 @ 5:14 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
MEMBER SINCE 12/25/01

The next year after the Northstars left Minnesota for Dallas, they won the Stanley Cup in Dallas. 

6/26/22 @ 11:39 PM
Da  Crusher
Da Crusher
USER SINCE 1/17/21

No Canadian team has won the Stanley Cup since 1993.  That's way too long.  I'm hoping that changes next year.  Minnesota is a big hockey state.  I would like to see the Wild do well.  I have never attended an NHL game.  Maybe next year I'll go to Minneapolis and watch the Wild play a game.  Could be a fun winter weekend.  Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul. Gotta check it out.  Maybe buy a t-shirt.

6/26/22 @ 10:39 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER SINCE 2/8/06

It was a great final. Tampa didn’t have enough to stop the Colorado speed.

This year’s playoffs were some of best I’ve ever watched. I don’t think I missed a game throughout. 

Congratulations to the Avalanche 

6/26/22 @ 10:10 PM
Da  Crusher
Da Crusher
USER SINCE 1/17/21

This is the first year I watched some of the Stanley Cup games.  Exciting stuff.  Close games with so much on the line make it that way,  Probably watch some more next year depending on the teams.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 552 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.