LOGIN
Lake-Link

Multiple Sclerosis

8/26/17 @ 8:32 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

The only thought I have is I'm so sorry to hear that.  The thoughts and prayers of my family are with your family.  

I know it may sound trite right now, but medicine is so far ahead of where it was and not nearly where it will be in a few years.  Keep the Faith.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/29/17 @ 6:47 PM
Annes Regret
MEMBER since 7/7/11
Wife has had it for 17 years that we know of. There were signs when she was a old married lady all of 20 years old. It's not a death sentence. P.M; me if you like.

8/28/17 @ 2:02 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

Neighbor Lady in her 80's has been in a wheelchair for as long as I've known her.  

My best friend's mom has been diagnosed for about the past 20 years now.  She's in her low 70's.  Only within the past 5 or so years have I really noticed it slowing her down considerably.  She has always been overly tired and moving slow and in pain, but the past few years have really taken the toll.  She uses a walker and moves very slowly.  She's very tired and has numbness in certain body parts.  I'm not sure of the treatments, but she takes something daily and goes to the doctor for regular checkups/treatments.

It's a horrible disease with no known cure. 

8/28/17 @ 8:40 AM
fish magnet
MEMBER since 12/29/01

TBM, best wishes for your daughter. My wife also has MS, and has had it for 15 or so years. As the Dude stated, my wife also has numbness in her legs and feet. She has to do an injection once a week, and the medication is called avonex. Thank god for insurance, because I think every shot is $1000.00. But obviously in her case, it is well worth it. Good luck. 

8/27/17 @ 8:38 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Your daughter is in my prayers.  My wife had a major episode many years ago.  She has many lessions on her brain.  She has daily numbness in extremities, extreme back pain (nerve, not muscle) on many days, and gets the feeling of her feet burning up frequently.  It's beengoing on for 5-6 years, and she has no diagnosis because she only had the one episode.  I'll never forget that day, I thought she was having a stroke.  Scary stuff.  Take care and I wish you the best.

8/27/17 @ 10:55 AM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

Prayers sent your way.

I have 2 colleagues that have MS. One is in her 40's and the other in her 60's. They both work full time and lead full lives. There are times when I can tell they are tired. Sometimes they tell me their medication doesn't work quite as well as it had before. They switch medications until the doctor finds what works. When the doctor finds the right combination of medication both colleagues are exactly like everyone else. I know they have struggles that I don't see but I am amazed at how far treatment and medication has come for MS. Both ladies are wonderful and tough. I worked with one for over 10 years before I discovered she had MS. Both are doing very well as I type this.

God Bless.

8/27/17 @ 10:46 AM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

So sorry to hear that.  As a parent, I don't believe anything could be more difficult than worrying about the health of your child.  You have my prayers my friend.  God bless.

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
8/27/17 @ 9:36 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
8/27/17 @ 9:23 AM
Fishscales
User since 3/2/03

Sorry to hear this, what about Medical Marijuana?

8/27/17 @ 9:09 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

will send prayers and good thoughts for your daughter and your family... there's a ton of information available, and a ton of people that are living with MS, famous and regular folks... there's support systems online...

I can't imagine how stunned you all are right now, but I hope you can find a way to deal with it, and manage it... there's hope!

8/27/17 @ 7:44 AM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

Very sorry to hear about your daughter!

Make sure your daughter gets a second opinion.  Also, make sure who ever she chooses has experience with her type of situation (ie a young female.)

If it was my daughter, i would take her to somewhere like Mayo clinic or Froedert for the second opinion.

I have an uncle who was diagnosed with MS over 30 years ago.  today he is in his 70 and golfs regularly and if you saw him you would never know!

Good luck and hope all goes well, hang in there! 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.