LOGIN
Lake-Link

Mr Heater pilot light''

1/19/18 @ 5:08 PM
ORIGNAL POST
gray fox
gray fox
MEMBER since 2/22/08

Have any ideas on Mr Heater pilot light keeps blowing out, on my heater when I am in portable Clam shelter.. I was thinking of wrapping a piece of sheet metal around lower part of grill.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/20/18 @ 12:19 PM
7thson
User since 6/4/06

I used to run mine all the time from a 20# tank and hose . This year  it will only stay lit on one of those small screw on tanks . Think the pilot orifice needs cleaned ?

1/20/18 @ 8:32 AM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

The fix i saw was an aluminum shield the guy made , there are plenty of matinance and cleaning videos on you tube

1/20/18 @ 7:24 AM
gray fox
gray fox
MEMBER since 2/22/08

Thanks for all the input. 

1/20/18 @ 1:31 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

youtu.be/kdnOhjev3BU

Clean pilot tube 

1/20/18 @ 12:31 AM
RangerKid
User since 6/26/01

A number of years ago the pilot light would go out so easily (even on new ones), that you couldn't even use the heater outside of a shelter. Don't know if it's the same issue now days, but I know some guys were modifying their heater to resolve the problem. Didn't do it to mine so I don't know exactly what they were doing, but if I recall the modification had something to do with by passing some safety feature on these heaters. I know the company won't be of any help because it's a safety thing, but maybe a google search would turn up something. At the time like cds mentioned, it was a draft issue. It may have had something to do with it not staying lit, if it was tipped over.

1/19/18 @ 7:08 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

It seems to be a common problem with it if you Google it theres a guy on another ice fishing site that came up with a shield for it, it came up as soon as i typed it in good luck

1/19/18 @ 6:16 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

This from Mrheater website, hope this helps

Pilot lights but flame goes out immediately when control knob is released.

Control knob not depressed long enough. After pilot is lit, keep control knob depressed for 30-60 seconds. Pilot flame not touching thermocouple. Clean pilot tube using q-tip with alcohol. Run 2 inches down to bottom of pilot tube & twist around. Blow out. Thermocouple connection loose at control valve. Hand tight until snug, then 1/4 turn with wrench. Tip switch connections broken or disconnected. Clean electrical contacts at control valve. Reconnect tip switch wires. Control knob is stripped. Remove knob and verify 2 flats that mate to control valve stem are not stripped. If stripped, replace knob. Defective thermocouple. Replace pilot assembly. Defective tip switch Replace tip switch. Defective control valve. Replace control valve.

1/19/18 @ 6:08 PM
yahay
User since 11/28/07

So how does a guy clean the orifice?

1/19/18 @ 5:22 PM
Treeshark
User since 4/5/09

I’ve had this problem too. It usually went away when I held it down for a full 30 seconds before trying to adjust.

1/19/18 @ 5:20 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Their Customer Service/Support is really good : 866-447-2194 8am-5pm eastern time..

Could be a couple things, the gas orifice might need to be cleaned out, if it is blocked and you have a weak Pilot flame that could be it.

The Thermal-couple might be going bad, or it is not adjusted correctly, or the weak Pilot is not hitting it properly...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.